Chapter 15

Ariana's POV:

"Remember she is going to be in a whole lot of pain for a few days." The doctor explains, writing down the medication we need to pick up on our way home. "Maybe even a week or two. She must not do anything that requires a lot of breathing. Running, playing, swimming, exedra."

I nod, packing her dirty clothes in the bag that my mother brung that had the clean clothes we put on her a little while ago.

"Since the surgery went well yesterday, and she is showing signs of healthy recoveries, she should be getting back to normal pretty soon." He smiles, handing me the sheet with a few different names of medication on it.

"They should already be ready at your pharmacy." He explained, pointing at the slip in my hand. "A hot and cold pad may be a smart thing to purchase. It helps stop the pain from the incision."

"Is that all?" I questioned, handing the bag over to Zayn who takes it without a word.

"Other than you should make sure she drinks enough water, no." He replied. "Get well soon."

He looks at Delaney and smiles before walking out of the room without another word. Delaney lays weakly on the hospital bed in a big t-shirt of mine and some underwear. I don't want her to wear jeans or anything skin tight because that can be uncomfortable especially when you're sick.

"Ready?" Zayn asked me and I nod. "Let's go, I've got my car parked in front."

He and Frankie(He drove him to my house to get his car) left yesterday to go get some things from his apartment and to meet up with the guys to explain everything. He's spending the night at my house tonight and then he's going to go do a few interviews tomorrow.

Management was extremely pissed off at him for he absent during the interview and photo shoot that he missed a few days ago but then they understood why he had to leave.

Of course, they don't know that Delaney's his child but they respected that he cared for this little girl of mine so much that he wanted to take care of her and to be there for her.

"Delaney, you're going to need to wrap your arms around my neck while I carry you." I explained, bending down and lifting her as she whimpers in pain. "I'm sorry."

I walk behind Zayn and we go into an elevator. He quickly pushes the button and the room starts moving.

"It sucks." He looks at the ceiling. "Knowing that I am the one responsible for this. It really sucks and it's eating me alive."

He looks down at Delaney, who has her eyes shut and her head against my chest. "I'm so so sorry."

Instead of arguing with him about how he didn't know she was asthmatic, I let him vent. Venting helps people feel better.

Before he can go on, the elevator dings and I find myself walking out with Zayn following me this time. I shake my head in disbelief when I see that there are still paparazzi standing outside the hotel, waiting for me.. After 3 days. This is ridiculous.

"Fuck!" Zayn growls. "Why is it so hard for them to show respect to us? We are human too! They act like we are aliens and that they need to get photos to show proof that we are real!"

"I have an idea." He pulls me back into the elevator and it shuts. No one had seen us.

"I can get a doctor to get me some extra clothing that they wear. Then I can get one of those mouth masks and a hair cover that the men wear." He started, deep into his idea. "I can go out and drive to the back of the hospital and pick you guys up."

A grin takes over my lips and I find myself agreeing to his devious idea. He presses floor 2, we are currently on floor 1, and the elevator moves.

The more I hold Delaney, the heavier she gets.