Chapter 14

Ariana's POV:

"Ariana!" My name is shouted and my eyes open. I blink a few times before gaining my vision and take in the atmosphere and remember that we are still here in the hospital room. Zayn is hovering over me, excitement in his eyes.

"I think she's going to wake up!" His sleepy eyes brighten and I sit up, as fast as possible.

"What? How?"

"Her lips were moving and she was trying to speak. Along with her legs and arms moving." He informs me and I stand onto my feet.

"Get a doctor!" I smile, walking over to my daughter. I squeal when I see her eyelids spasming and her lips moving like she's trying to speak.

Zayn pushes the button next to her bed that notifies the doctor that we need something. "Hello?" Booms from the receiver.

"She's waking up!" Zayn speaks quickly and excitedly. "Good news! Someone will be there quickly!" The women responds.

I take Delaney's hand in mind and squeeze it trying to somehow help her wake. My heart rate increases when I feel her squeeze back.

"Zayn! She squeezed my hand!" I exclaimed, tears coming to my eyes. Zayn grabs Delaney's other hand and kisses it.

"Come on baby, open your eyes. You can do it." I cheer her on, hoping she can hear me. "Baby if you hear me, squeeze my hand twice."

Right after I finish speaking, I feel her hand squeeze mine twice. I let out a squeal that sounded more like a sob and jump up and down like a fourteen year old.

Zayn laughs at my childish ways. "I never thought we'd be in a moment like this together."

"Me either!" I admitted. "Wake up, Del, come on." I begged just as two doctors walk in the room.

"She's waking, you think?" The one who brung us to this room yesterday. The, might I add, handsome one.

"No, we know she's waking up." I said, grinning. He grins back and walks over next to me, right next to Delaney.

"Her eyelids, look!" I pointed to her twitching eyelids that look almost as if they're about to open. "And she responded to me! I told her to squeeze my hand twice and she did."

"Her lips are moving." Jordan, our nurse smiled. I can't believe this and I can't wait! Jordan takes her pulse and smiles. "She's breathing okay. From these signs, she should be waking any time soon."

"Delaney, come on girl. Open those eyes of yours." I begged, also knowing that this is probably really hard for her. Not to mention she has no idea what's going on right now. The last thing she saw was Zayn and who knows what he was saying to her. I wonder what was going on before she passed out. Her lips part and a huge breath leaves her mouth.

"Come on, Delaney." Zayn cheers her on and I smile. Until I remember that she isn't going to be too fond of him when she wakes up. She's probably going to be scared but I know if I talk to her about everything, she will be okay.

Tears come to my eyes when I hear her little worn out voice. "Mommy," is faintly whimpered from her lips. Her eyes are still shut but her lips move slowly as she tries to speak. Ever so often a word comes out and it's all the same word, mommy.

"I'm right here baby, just open your eyes and you'll see. Come on, you can do this." I carcass her cheek, making sure not to pull any of the wires connected to her upper arm.

"I-I can't." Her voice is raspy and it sounds lower than usual. She hasn't spoken in a little over 24 hours. That's a record for her. Well, since before she could even talk. I'll never forget those, nice, peaceful days. But I wouldn't switch how wonderful she is now for the world.