Chapter 42

Ariana's POV:

"Lexi, where are you?" I called, walking into her room at approximately 8:50am. She isn't in her bed or in the living room area.

After a few seconds, I start to hear noises coming from her bathroom and it takes me a second to realize that those noises are the sounds of vomiting.

Immediately, I drop my purse on the ground and rush to the bathroom door and open it.

There Lexi is, on her knees, bending over the toilet, spilling out the last meals she's eaten.

She's crying as well. We both absolutely fear vomiting which also made it difficult for me to vomit every morning for weeks as well.

"Awe, Lex." I said softly, walking over to her. I gather her hair and hold it back as she continues to spill her guts up.

She cries as she does so and all I can do is stand here, useless. I wish I could do something.

I kneel down beside her and rub her back as she finishes off. She begins to sob and still lean over the toilet. For a few moments she doesn't vomit, she just goes through the gagging motion until she falls back onto her knees and calls it quits.

I kneel off the ground and let go of her hair. I quickly flush the toilet and then walk over to the sink. My eyes wander and I see a rag and damp it with cool water.

"Here, this always helped me." I said, handing it over to her. She stands onto her feet and uses her shaky hands to grasp it. "You should wash your hands and brush your teeth too. It'll make you feel better."

She nods and wipes her tears. She places the rag on her forehead and while she's doing so, I quickly wash my hands as well.

"Thank you." Her voice is shaky too. "I hate this so much."

"It sucks so much but it gets better." I told her.

"When?" She croaked as I dry my hands. She takes her turn and washes her hands as well.

"It really depends. My morning sickness lasted 2 and a half months." I explained. "Do you want me to just go get some tests and you lay down here? I don't really see why we need the tests because it's so obvious that you're pregnant but it's to make sure, you know?"

She nodded. "You wouldn't mind going alone?"

I shook my head. "Not at all."

She dries her hands and leans against the counter. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I half smile. "I'll be back soon, okay? Just rest for now."

She nodded again and took out her toothbrush from her hand bag that was sitting on the counter.

I walk out of the bathroom, grab my purse, and then walk out of the bedroom. Just as I start for the door to leave, I see Harry leaning up against the wall beside the door to Lexi's room with a worried expression.

"Is she all right?" He asked me immediately. "I heard her puking."

I smile sadly. "She's doing okay."

"Is she sick?" He asked, curiously.

I freeze and mentally decide whether or not I should tell him or...

"Ask her yourself and see." Is all I said before I left the condo, leaving harry confused.

--

Zayn's POV:

"Daddy, where'd mommy go to?" Delaney asked me, sitting on the bed. She looks at me for a response.

"To the store I think. To get some stuff with Lexi." I explained.