Chapter 59

Omg I was trying to get in the mood to write so I highlighted the whole last chapter and had Siri read it to me. It's so funny in her voice!!

Btw if you don't like sex, don't read this chapter :)

Ariana's POV:

It has been twenty minutes since Zayn and I had our encounter in the kitchen. It felt good to tell him that I'm ready for that again. I felt awkward for just saying it but now he knows I'm opening myself up to him about that more.

Ever since we went back to Bradford after my Grandpas funeral and then I left from there to finish my tour, I've been thinking a ton about it and I've tried to remember the feeling. But I can't. Which is why I am ready now. Of course it has to do with the love I have for Zayn too, but some of it is curiosity. Some of it is from lack.

Delaney woke up about 10 minutes ago. I felt her forehead and she is still a bit hot but not as bad as she was earlier. Ever since I felt her forehead, she's been cuddling up against me on the couch in the living room.

The TV is playing a re-run of Criminal Minds or something but it's been hard to really hear it because of Lexi, whom is on the phone with Harry. Every once in a while, Zayn and I make faces at each other because of it. He sits on the couch across from Delaney and I.

Delaney moves a little and I pull her closer to me. She looks at me and smiles a tiny bit before leaning her head against me. I hope she feels better soon. It breaks my heart when she's sick. She looked back at me, suddenly.

"Mommy, when is Toulouse coming home?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "I misses him."

Guilt grows in the chest immediately. Even a blind person could see that I've basically neglected my dog. I feel terrible about it. I've let him stay with my neighbor who is an old lady. She's as kind as can be which makes me feel comfortable with leaving him.

"Probably tomorrow, cutie." I said and she nodded and turned back around.
This TV show really isn't appropriate for her but Lexi is handling the remote and she is on the phone. I love her to death but it's been quite annoying that she's been running everything lately.

"Are you almost here?" She asked Harry with a peanut buttered carrot in her mouth. I almost gagged at the thought of the taste of that.

"Lexi." I said and she looked at me.

"One second Harry," She said and pulled her phone away from her ear. "What?"

I pointed to the TV. "Change the channel. Del shouldn't be watching this." I said. She rolled her eyes and threw the remote at me. "You know, you don't have to be such a bitch just because you're pregnant." I scolded her and then I used the remote to change the channel.

She's beginning to get on my nerves. You know how after you've spent a certain amount of time with that one friend and everything they do begins to annoy you? Because that's me right now. I've been with her ever since she got pregnant.

When I don't hear her talking to Harry anymore, I stop changing channels and look over at her. She stares at me with the phone still in her hand in the position she had it when she was talking to me.

She shuts the recliner and stands up. She gives me one last look before walking up the stairs. I know for a fact that she's crying and now I feel bad.

"Lex, I'm sorry!" I called up the stairs but I only hear a slam of the guest room door in response.

I look at Zayn and he raises his eyebrows. "You didn't have to call her a name."

I sighed. "I know. I am just frustrated." I lifted the remote and looked through channels again. Nothing interesting is on and it bothers me. Why the hell do they play terrible shows at any point?