Chapter 40

Ariana's POV:

"Don't you dare." I warned Zayn when his hand wandered to my hips and grabbed ahold from behind. I smack his hands away and turn to look at him.

The sand runs through the crevices of my toes- even with my flip flops on. It's actually really hot sand and I find myself repeatedly shaking it out of my shoes.

We had all just set out our towels on some dry sand a few feet away from the currents. The ocean is beautiful this afternoon. The sound of the waves crashing onto the surface is a joyful noise.

"What?" He's grinning from ear to ear. "What's wrong, baby?"

"You know what." I glared and his smile only grows. "Don't you dare even try to throw me into the ocean."

He places his hands up like he's surrendering. "How do you know I was going to do that? Maybe I was just trying to massage your sides. Your beautiful, curvy, breathtaking hips."

"Go away." I mumbled.

"Oh but you don't want me to." He said and it's completely true. I love when he teases and touches me.

"Does Delaney have her life jacket on?" I changed the subject.

"Yeah, Harry put it on her." He said and my eyes find them both. She's secured in the floating device next to Harry.

I watch as Harry holds her hand and they walk onto the damp sand. Delaney used to be much like Zayn- afraid of the water but she's grown out of it. Well, only until she slipped in a few days ago. I'm sure she's fine though.

I look around a bit and see Lexi talking to Eleanor. They've met once when the guys and I were all together.

"Come in with me?" Zayn asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Aren't you still scared to swim?" I teased.

He rolls his eyes. "No. I saved our daughters life in a pool earlier this week. Didn't that prove it?"

"Hm. I don't know. Isn't it known that if something drastic happens, one can get a rush of adrenaline and be able to so something they wouldn't normally do?" I continued to tease my boyfriend.

He cracks a smile. "You really need to learn to shut up."

"So do you."

He pulls my wrist and my body comes clashing into his. He looks down at me and after a few seconds, I find his lips on mine.

Nothing runs through my mind much as we kiss. I'm so relaxed- it's probably because of this scenery. I enjoy the beach a lot.

"Let's go." He pulled away. I nodded and felt his hand connect with mine. I slip off my shoes and we then start walking into the damp sand. It feels much nicer than the dry, hot sand.

A few seconds later, I feel the coolness of the water on my feet and ankles. It's refreshing and makes me only want to walk in more.

With Zayn's hand in mine, I pull him into the water more. So far that we are now knees deep.

"Stop being so slow, Zayn." I complained. He looks at me and I can't really read his expression but I can sense it. "Oh c'mon Zayn, it's just water."

"Just water? Just water? Ariana, there are billions of fish in this water- most of which can kill you." He gives me a horrified look.

"You big baby." I pulled my hand from his. "I bet any other man would take my hand and walk out deeper with me."

He glares a little. "You can sure as hell bet, but it won't happen. I won't allow it."