Chapter 26

Ariana's POV:

With Delaney on my hip, I walk out of the house and to my car. She holds onto me tightly and lays her head on my shoulder. She's no longer sick, which is relieving. It must've just been a little bug.

"I want Daddy." She said for the thousandth time. He hasn't even been gone for 24 hours yet. . . It's been 22 hours but whos counting?

I honestly don't blame her for complaining about his absence because I feel the exact same way. His presence is just comforting and happy but now that he is gone and for a few days, we've been a little on edge. It's hard to think that only months ago it was only Delaney and I. He truly has made an impact on our lives and I'm grateful for that.

"I know you do baby." I sit her in her booster seat. It's crazy and sad that we've upgraded from the car seat but I'm excited that she's growing up. It's just hard to see my baby getting old. She's still very small, you wouldn't expect her to be 6. She looks maybe 4 years old. "We can call Daddy later before bed, okay?"

She nods. "Why did he hafta go?" She asked cutely as I buckle her up. It's a bit unnecessary for me to buckle her up because she knows how to on her own, but I want to talk to her before I go and drive.

"He has work to do, sweetheart. He will be back soon, I promise." I assure her and peck her forehead. "Now would some ice cream after lunch cheer you up?"

She smiles widely and shakes her head. "Yes mommy!" I giggle at her excitement and I feel relieved that she has changed her sad mood.

I smile. "I've got to go do some things first and then we can go eat, okay baby?"

She nods and I send her a little wink before shutting the door and walking over to the driver's side door. When I get myself situated, buckled up of course, Delaney's small voice pleads out. "Can I watch movies?"

"Yes babe." I said and press play on the DVD player that is built in below the music player. I turn back and pull down the small screen for her to see.

While listening to the sound of Spongebobs voice, I drive away and find myself drowning with errands. Way to many for my liking but with Delaney's giggles from watching the mini screen, makes up for it.

--

Zayn's POV:

New York is beautiful despite the thousands of people who crowd it with their rude comments and slangs. I've only been here for 24 hours and at least 3 people have honked at me(I had my car shipped out here) and yelled "The lights green, go little shit"  or something along that line.

I really wish Cas- Ariana was here with me and Delaney too. This is a romantic city and to have my beautiful girls here would be amazing. Unfortunately, that's not how management works. They try to run our lives and frankly, that's not okay. I guess that's how it works when you're a celebrity. If you make a mistake or disobey management, your whole career is put at risk. I know for a fact that Ariana wouldn't want that, even if it meant we could be together. We will be together soon and the world will know. Management has okayed it and the sure as hell better not change their minds. Because if they do I don't know if I will be able to keep my cool.

"Zayn?" Perrie's voice takes me out of my thoughts much too soon for my liking. Thinking is a stress relief for me and not having time for it just makes it worse. "You okay?"

She sits next to me on my bed in our hotel room. I call it my bed because there are two beds in here, we agreed on that. We both don't have romantic feelings for each other. Hell, we both have other lovers. Although she doesn't know that I have been seeing Ariana that way. She does know that I have been with her often, the magazine covers tell it all. She also doesn't know that Delaney is mine but I plan on telling her. We are really good friends, that's it.