Chapter 28

Ariana's POV:

The sound of footsteps get closer to my bed but I am too exhausted to care. I stay as still as I possibly can, which isn't an issue because I feel like a brick and I probably look like one too. The foot steps disappear and I relax. I don't want to be bothered right now.

I almost groan when I hear the foot steps return only moments later. Why can't I get any peace around here? The foot steps get closer and I hear a small thump on my end table, signaling that someone has placed a glass cup there.

"Ariana?" For the love of God, of all the flipping people in this world that are living and breathing, why Zayn? I remove the covers from my face  and look at him. He isn't exactly who I want to see right now so I groan, hoping to get a point across that I want him to leave but when he speaks again, I know there's no chance he will. "Baby, why did you do this to yourself?"

I am lost for words for a moment and it's like all the air has been knocked from my body. I stare up at his face that shows sadness. . .confusion. . .and pity. I don't need his pity. I don't need anyones pity.

"You know exactly, Zayn." I spit, my voice harsh and angry. He shifts awkwardly and just stares at me while I glare at him. He can't possibly be here just wondering why I felt the need to drown myself in alcohol and dance till I can't. I am assuming my brother and mother told him everything and boy,  he is in for it.

"You know that the kiss was fake, Ariana." He stammered. . . So he does know what I'm talking about. His voice is edgy, irritated and I can tell I am in for something as well as he is for I.

"Mhm." I murmured, turning over away from him. I cover my head with my comforter, hoping he will leave me the hell alone. But my wish isn't granted when I feel the blanket pulled off me, leaving me shivering. I turn around and glare at him. My voice comes out as a hoarse growl, "Give it back!"

He shook his head no. "Sit up, now." He instructed but I roll my eyes and ignore him. He can't possibly think he is my boss, my owner, and claimer. I watch him bend down and basically lift me to sit in a sitting position. "Stay,"

For some odd reason, I stay still like he said so. My eyes follow him as he walks over to my dresser and I continue to glare at him as he rummages through my drawers and gets whatever he was looking for. When he comes back over to me, I notice he has pajama pants and a tank top. I hadn't realized until now that I am still wearing this incredibly shamefully short dress that has risen, showing my underwear.

He gently pulls me onto my feet and I wobble, growing dizzy with this pounding headache. I really need to drink water to help this. His hand grip my waist but his eyes don't leave mine. I peer up at him as he pulls me closer to him, a little forceful, and runs my hands up my back to the zipper of my dress. Swiftly, he pulls the zipper down and my dress falls to the floor.

I don't feel the least bit of nervous to be in my undergarments only, around him. He has already seen what's under them. . . hence our child. He places the tanktop over my head and I pop my arms through the holes for my arms, pulling it down over my stomach.

He gently pushes me, causing my hungover self to fall onto the bed. I squeal quietly in shock and watch him help me get my soft pajama bottoms on. I stand up and he pulls them over my legs and to my waist.

"Now, tell me you did not seriously think that kiss between Perrie and I actually meant something. . ." He spoke timidly, his eye now level with mine but I have to look up at him. I cringe at the mention of their kiss. Just watching that was absolutely horrible. . .petrifying.