Chapter 54

Ariana's POV:

I can't remember much after my mom broke the news to me. All I can remember is the present time when I'm on the ground, hugging my knees. Somehow my phone collided with the wall. Someone is beside me on their knees asking me what's happened. It takes me a few minutes to realize that it's Lexi.

I tuck my face into my knees and let out a noise that sounded like a scream and cry all at once. Lexi freaks out and tries to hug me but falls back by my shaking body.

I hear her screaming for Zayn. Harry stands in the doorway, I can see him out of the corner of my eye. My body doesn't know how to react and I don't know how to control it. I scream again. I don't know if it's out of anger or sadness. Probably both.

"Ariana! Ariana!" Harry is now on my other side, holding onto my arm. He tries rubbing it but my arm only tenses. I screamed again. "What's going on?! Ariana?! Ariana! Hello?!"

My grandpa is dead.

My best friend is dead.

The one I looked up to the most is DEAD.

I suck in a large breath and let out an inhuman sound. I cried and cried and no one knew why.

"Where the fuck is Zayn?!" Lexi cursed. If I could speak, I'd tell her to calm down for her baby. But who am I to say that in this moment?

"Delaney, honey, go upstairs to Safaa's room, okay?" Harry said, sounding like he's panicking as well. I peek over to the door and see my baby girl. She looks at me and looks like she's scared to death.

"Go!" Lexi shouted at her. Delaney looks at me and cries and runs out of the room. I only cry harder.

"Babe, tell me what's wrong." Harry tried to talk to me in a calm voice but it only made me go insane.

"Shut up! Everyone shut the fuck up! Shut up!" I screamed. Zayn comes running into the room. When he sees me on the ground beside Lexi and Harry, he gives me a look of confusion until panic overcomes his face. He got onto his knees in front of me.

"Someone kill me! Just stab me! Kill me! I want to die! Someone kill me now!" I screamed, scooting back away from everyone. Zayn follows me and takes ahold of my hand. "Let go! Kill me! Kill me now!"

"Ariana what the fuck is going on?!" Zayn screamed back at me. "What the hell is going on?!"

I don't respond, I just sob and sob, covering my mouth with my hands as I do so. Zayn looks at me and I see sadness in his eyes.

"Do you guys know what's going on?!" Zayn asked Lexi in a frantic voice. Lexi shakes her head no. I blink away my tears and see that she's crying too.

"Ariana, you need to tell me what's going on. You need to tell me now!" Zayn said to me, scooting closer to me that he's now holding onto my knees. He tries to bring them away from my face but I don't let him.

"H-her phone! I heard a banging noise before I walked in here. She threw her phone!" Lexi scatters onto her feet and rushes over to my phone that she spotted. I didn't hang up on my mom. I wonder if she's still on the line. "Shit."

"What?" Harry asked. "Is anyone on the line?!"

"Her phone is cracked so bad!" She complained. She gasped, "Her screen works! It looks- it looks like Joan is on the phone. Her mom is on the phone!"

I screamed again, my body reacting on its own. Zayn stands up and lifts me off the ground. I cuss so much at him for it. He sits me on his bed and pulls me close to him. He holds onto me.