Chapter 52

Ariana's POV:

Zayn keeps me close to his chest as we watch the movie. One of his arms is holding me like a baby and the other is firmly gripped onto my bottom for whatever reason.

I scoot up closer to him and keep my eyes on the movie. He adjusts his arm so it's now wrapped around my waist. His other hand departs from my behind and is wrapped around my waist from the other side. Sometimes he is so protective over me and doesn't even realize it.

I lay my head on his chest and watch the movie which is NOT scary at all. Sure, things pop out here and there but other than that, it's not scary to me.

I squirm in his grip, unable to get comfortable again. It doesn't help that I feel the urge to pee either. I don't want to get up.

"Would you quit?" Zayn asked, sounding annoyed. "Stop moving around so much."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, standing up off his lap.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his tone changing to concerned.

"Bathroom." I mumbled again, walking into his room and through it to his bathroom.

I quickly do my business, trying go ignore the fact that my cramps got a lot worse after peeing. I hate periods so much.

When I'm done, I wash my hands and look at myself in the mirror. My hair is a bit crazy and my face is makeup free. No longer caring, I walk out of the bathroom and through his room and out of it to where everyone else is.

Zayn looks at me but Harry and Lexi keep their eyes on the TV like hawks. Zayn gestures me to come back over to him but I shake my head and point to Delaney's room, signaling that I'm going to check on her.

I take a few steps closer to her door and open it. The first thing I do is scream, jumping back, nearly falling onto the ground. I heard Lexi yelp too, probably frightened by my scream.

I guess Delaney had the same idea as I did but vice versa.

"What the hell Delaney?! Are yo-" I stop my yelling of fear at her when I notice the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"What's wrong, baby? Come here." I bent down and she walks into my arms, her cries turning more into quiet sobs. I lift her in the air and she wraps her legs around me. "What's wrong?"

"I-I don't like thunder." She cried into my shoulder. "And the lightnin'."

When I turn us around and face my boyfriend and friends, Zayn is already on his feet and standing a few feet away, concern written on his face.

"It's okay baby." I cooed into her ear. "It's not going to get you. I won't let anything bad happen to you."

She sniffled. "I don't like to be alone mommy."

"No one does, sweetie. Do you want to sit out here with us?" I asked, my voice soft and hopefully soothing her.

"Yeah." She said into my ear.

I look over at Lexi and she sighs, knowing why I looked at her. She lifts the remote and changes it to regular tv instead of the scary movie on Netflix.

"Mommy?" She asked quietly as I walk us past Zayn and over to the couch. Zayn gives me a look that I cannot read.

"Hmm?"

"Can we cuddle?" She asked as I sit us down on the couch. She adjusts herself on my lap so she's sitting, facing me with a knee on either side of my thighs.

"I would love to cuddle with you, baby." I said and she smiles a little bit and wipes her damp cheeks. She leans into me and I cover us with the blanket.