Miguel is Back

"Dude Derek was hot when he was younger." Stiles glared at me as I snickered. Braeden and Scott carried Derek into the clinic, us following behind them. I still couldn't believe that was Derek. What the hell happened?

He was so cute and innocent and then bam. No emotion Derek.

They laid him down on the table as Deaton paced over. His eyes went wide as he stared at Derek in awe. "Wow."

Stiles sighed. "Wow? Wow as in "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do," Kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for." I chuckled as Deaton shook his head. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

Stiles sighed as Lydia took ahold of Derek's hand. "He's cold. Really cold." Deaton grabbed his hand, nodding as Scott sighed. "Do you think this is permanent?"

Deaton shook his head, glancing down at Derek. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

Stiles threw his arms out, groaning. "So what do we do with him?"

"Until he wakes up. Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Stiles nodded. "You mean from Kate?"

Deaton's eyes widened as he paced around the room. "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

Lydia shook her head, staring at Derek. "Why would she want to do this to him?" Deaton shrugged. "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."

Stiles scoffed. "And bad for everyone else." Deaton sighed. "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night, And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

We all glanced at eachother before Scott spoke up. "Someone should stay with you." Lydia raised her arm. "I'll stay. My grades are fine, Despite missing a few classes."

Stiles shook his head. "I'm so not okay with this." Lydia glanced at all of us, slightly narrowing her eyes. "Guys, go." I sighed, nodding and following Scott out the door, who was dragging Stiles. "Alright just 'cause you're stronger doesn't mean you can drag me places."

Scott smirked, handing me a helmet as we got onto the bike. "I just did." Stiles glared at Scott as he got into his jeep.

"Alright, let's go home." Scott fired up the engine, driving us down the road.

"Be silent, Dad might be on the couch." Scott whispered as he gently opened the door. We stepped inside, shutting the door behind us. As thought, Dad was asleep on the sofa. "Now, stay qu-" Scott was cut off by a loud clanging noise. He glanced down at his feet, eyeing the box of tools. "You're an idiot." I muttered as Dad flew up.

"Scott, Aubrey?" I flashed him a fake smile as Scott and I picked up the tools. "Hey Dad, what's with the tools?"

He sighed, scratching the back of his neck "Oh, I was just, uh, getting started on a list of repairs you guys need done. What time is it?"

I glanced at the clock, which read 3am. "It's um, midnight." I said as I turned the clock around. Dad crossed his arms, glancing between us. "We were supposed to have dinner. We had a deal. When your mom has a night shift, we have dinner."

"Uh sorry dad, we totally forgot. When we got back from the camping trip, I had to go straight to the animal clinic to finish work, and uh Aubrey had to drive me home later." He nodded. "Alright, well. Tomorrow night. Dinner."

We nodded, walking past him. "Great."

"Did you get anything to eat?" Scott and I glanced at eachother. "Yeah, Mexican."