36 Million

"Okay Aubrey, before you get mad, hear me out." Scott pleaded as I crossed my arms. I rolled my eyes, sitting on his bed. "Okay Scott. Explain to me why you have thousands of dollars hidden under your bed in a duffle bag. I'm curious."

He took a deep breathe, Stiles standing silently behind him. "We found it in Garretts locker. We think its the money they use to pay the assassins that try and kill us."

Stiles nodded. "Basically what we figures out was that the money is transferred through something called a wire transfer. You ever made one of those?" I shook my head. "Never had enough money."

Scott groaned, shaking his head. "I don't understand any of this. Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?" Stiles slightly nodded. "Someone wants you guys dead. Badly." Scott pursed his lip. He leaned forward, zippering up the bag.

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, what are you doing?" Stiles asked as Scott glanced up towards him. "It's late. We've got PSAT's in the morning." Stiles shook his head. "No, I meant with the money. 500,000 dollars." My eyes widened. "There's 500,000 dollars in there?"

Stiles shook his head. "Yes, but that's not the point. Scott, do you know how much money that is?"

"It's 500,000 dollars." Stiles narrowed his eyes. "It's half a million dollars Scott. What are you going to do, just slide it under your mattress?"

"I have to talk to Derek. The money's his." I crossed my arms. "You mean his and Peter's." Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "What does that mean?"

"It means maybe we should proceed with caution." Scott turned towards Stiles. "You don't think we should tell Derek?"

Stiles sighed. "No. no. No, of course we have to tell him. I'm just saying, some of that money's Peter's right?" Scott nodded . "Yeah."

I groaned. "Scott, Peter, the homicidal killer who killed tons of people. Remember? You're gonna just hand him half a million dollars?"

"So what do you guys want me to do? Should we give Derek his money back but not Peter?" Stiles shook his head. "I didn't say that."

Scott sighed. "Stiles, what are you saying?" Stiles opened his mouth. Suddenly, a knock came from the door.

The door opened reveling Malia. "We found Satomi's pack. Derek and I. But they're dead." Scott eyes widened. "All of them?" Malia nodded. "All the ones we found."

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "Then where's Derek?"

"He's taking care of Braeden she got hurt." Stiles crossed his arms. "So what does he want us to do?"

"Blend in."

We did as Derek told us, going to school the next day. We all stood in line, Kira looked around frantically. "Where's Lydia?"

"She took it her freshmen year." I chuckled as Malia's eyes widened. "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Scott sighed. "Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us."

She sighed. "Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." I coughed. "Well." She glanced towards me. "Well, what?"

"It's do well, not good." She narrowed her eyes as I smirked. Scott glared at me before turning towards Malia. "You're doing this, because while we're trying not to due, If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college."

Kira nodded. "It's only three hours. We can survive three hours." Malia nodded as we entered the classroom. I took my seat behind Stiles as Lydia's mom came up to me, holding a bag. "Cell phone in the bag Aubrey. You'll get it back after the test." I sighed, pulling out my phone, placing it in the bag.