The Beast Of Gevaundan

"Can I ride a camel?" I asked as Stiles opened up the hood of his jeep. He chuckled, shaking his head. "No Aubrey, we can't ride camels, maybe another time." He opened his tool box.

I sighed, sitting on the bench. "Do you really think Theo knows all about this thing?" I asked as Stiles shrugged. "Knowing him, he's probably lying but there's a small chance he could be telling the truth. I mean he was all buddy-buddy with these guys."

"Yea." I mumbled, standing up. "I'm gonna go check on Scott." He nodded as I opened the door, walking back into the house. "Let me do something." I heard Liam's voice echo. "Just tell me what I can do."

"Don't do anything." Scott stated, walking past me. I sighed, walking into the living room as Liam glanced down at his feet.

"Hey." I said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, he'll come around." Liam groaned, leaning against the wall. "And what if he doesn't? What if he never forgives me."

"This is Scott we're talking about here. He will forgive you, your his only Beta and he'll realize that he needs you." Liam nodded, giving me a quick hug. "Thank you."

I smiled as he ran out the door. Just as I was about to enter the garage, my phone started ringing from my pocket.

"Hello." I answered into the phone.

"Aubrey." Theo's voice said through the speaker. "I need your help."

"If this has anything to do with my bro-" "I need your helping tracking the Chimera."

"You found it?" I asked as he sighed. "I think so."

I sighed, slipping on my shoes. "You know, i'm supposed to be leaving."

"For where?"

"Uh, I was going to help my mom with something at the hospital but I guess I can cancel." Theo couldn't know that Scott was rallying the old pack up, he'd be furious.

"Alright, meet me at the school."

"Will do." I replied, hanging up the phone.

I walked into the garage as Stiles and Scott got into the jeep. "Great Aubrey let's go." Stiles said as he got into the drivers seat. "You guys go ahead." I said as Stiles stopped. "I'm going to stay here."

"How come? I thought you were going to come with us?" He asked, opening the door and walking over to me. I shook my head. "I think i'm just going to catch up on my school work, possibly figure out what Theo is planning.

Stiles sighed, nodding. "Okay fine. But please be careful." He gave me a quick peck on the lips before heading back into the jeep. "You know I always am." I smiled as the driveway door opened.

"Be safe." I said, glancing between Stiles and Scott before they took off down the road.

"Did you see it?" I questioned, joining Theo in between the buses. He shook his head. "It was too fast."

"But it's here?" He nodded. "Yeah, So keep your distance. We're not trying to catch it. Not yet." He muttered, glancing up.

A loud growl echoed throughout the air as he glanced back at me. We ran into the school, walking aimlessly around the hallways. Suddenly, Theo stopped, flashing his yellow eyes. I quickly flashed my gray ones, looking in the same spot.

'Damatio Memoriae'

"The same message from the underground pipes." I muttered as he nodded. "What are they trying to tell it?"

"Trying to get it to remember who it was." Theo mumbled as I crossed my arms. "But isn't it just a teenager like us? Isn't it just a kid underneath?' I questioned as he shrugged.