Untrustworthy

"So I have a question." Stiles asked as we got into the jeep. "Shoot."

"What's the whole deal with Theo?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?" Stiles sighed, pulling onto the road. "I don't know. Don't you think its a bit odd that he comes back out of the blue."

"Stiles, People can move away and move back. It's not that hard." He sighed as I crossed my arms. "I know, it-" He paused. "I just don't trust him."

"You don't even know him." Stiles rolled his eyes. "And you do? Aubrey, you haven't seen the kid in what now 7 years."

I scoffed. "So, He was my best friend Stiles. I think that classifies as knowing him." Stiles ignored me, parking the car in the lot at the station.

"Hey dad." He said as we went into the station. "Stiles, go to school." Stiles shook his head. "No dad. I know Theo's family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister died in an accident when he was eight." I sighed, following him into the office.

"Please go to school." Stiles ignored him. "Dad, this kid's a werewolf." His dad sighed. "Your best friend is a werewolf." He pointed towards me. "You're dating an Ariz."

"I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be."

"A fox." Stiles coughed as his dad glared at him. "Whatever. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention." Stiles sighed. "Until then, just go to school."

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, staring up at his dad. "What did you do?" His dad narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean, what did I do?"

Stiles pointed a finger at him. "There's something different about you." He furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"What is it?" He paced around his dad. "What's different?" I sighed. "For the love of God Stiles, leave the poor man be and let's get to school already." Stiles sighed. "I'll go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens."

I crossed my arms as Stiles' dad and I glared at him. "No."

"You know what?" His dad stepped closer. "Just because i'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this, does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion." Stiles raised his eyebrows, opening the door. "Except you're not the only one." He turned around, running out the door. "Parrish."

I sighed, rubbing my temple. "How do you coap with him?" I asked his dad as he sighed. "Sometimes, I really don't know." I nodded, flashing him a small smirk. "Well, i'll catch yah later. I gotta find someone to take me to school. It doesn't look like Stiles is going anytime soon." I glanced over to him, talking to Parrish.

"Seeyah Aubrey, Stay safe." I nodded, walking past Stiles and out the station doors. I called the first person that came to mind.

"Hello?" Theo's voice rang through the speaker. "Hey Theo, It's Aubrey."

"Bree, hey. What's up?" I paced around the sidewalk as he spoke. "Do you happen to have a car?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I was wondering if you could give me a ride to school. I'm at the sheriff's station. Stiles kinda ditched me." I couldn't hide the sadness in my voice.

"Yeah of course, i'll be there in a few." I smiled. "Thank you."

"No problem Bree." The line went dead as I stood alone on the sidewalk.

A few minutes later, Theo pulled up to the sidewalk. I got into the car, flashing him a smile. "Again, thank you so much." He smiled, pulling away from the sidewalk. "Anything for you Bree."