Is It Really Over?

"Come on Aubrey, let's go." Stiles grabbed my shoulders, ushering me out of the room. "We'll deal with Meredith later."

We rushed through the hallways, avoiding every security guard we saw until we were outside. The rain poured down on us as we walked to the car, getting in.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Stiles started the jeep. "First, we're taking you home." He backed out of the driveway, heading onto the road. "You've had a long night.

I rolled my eyes. "Stiles, i'm fine." He shook his head. "Physically yeah. Mentally, I don't think so." He glanced over at me, a sad expression planted on his face.

"Do you know how much pain that put me through Aubrey? Seeing you get hurt like that. Being able to do nothing about it? It's like it was happening to me, leaving mental scars." He sighed. "What if that happens again, but this time im not near you? What if you get hurt and I can't help you?"

"Stiles I-" He stopped me. "I know, 'you can take care of yourself.' but no Aubrey. I'm supposed to be taking care of you. I'm supposed to be the one to help you through anything bad you're going through. But tonight proved me wrong." He frowned. "I realized that I can't protect you. And if I can't protect you, what am I good for?"

My eyes widened as I stared at him. "Stiles, don't you say that about yourself. You saved me Stiles. Without you, i'd still have that psychotic bitch in my head. You brought me out of that, you brought me out alive." I shook my head. "You've always been there for me through all the fights Scott and I had. My first heartbreak. My first everything. You're my rock Stiles."

A small smiled appeared on his face as he parked on the curb. "And you're mine Aubrey." He turned off the car, opening his door. "Now, let's go get some rest."

As we walked into the house, Scott came bounding down the stairs, Liam behind him. "Kira found Brett. They're fine but we've got to go. Call Aubrey and Stiles." He turned around, facing us. "Oh, nevermind. Come on guys, we gotta go."

"Let me guess, more assassins?" I asked as Scott nodded his head. "Maybe a lot more."

"Different than the ones who just tried to set us on fire?" My eyes went wide. "Someone tried to set you on fire." Scott shrugged his shoulders, nodding. "Yeah, and I think they are different." Scott began to walk out the door as Liam stood at the bottom of the stairs, staring down at the helmet in his hands.

I walked over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Liam, are you okay?" Scott turned around as Liam slightly shook his head. "I'm not like you."

"Not yet." He shook his head. "I don't mean i'm not strong or i'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You guys try to protect everyone. Have you been whole the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"

I glance down at my feet. "Not all of us are." Scott came up behind me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Come on Liam, let me at least take you home." He nodding, walking out the door, Scott following close behind him. Scott stopped at the doorframe. "Go find Kira. She's at Deaton's." I nodded as he ran out teh door.

"Okay, thanks dad." Stiles brought the phone down from his ear. I hadn't even noticed he was on the phone. "I told my dad about Meredith, he brought her to the station." I nodded. "Good."

"Lydia's there too. She's gonna try to talk to her." I sighed. "Do we really think she's the benefactor?"

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean? She basically admitted she was." I scratched the back of my neck. "I know. But it just seems like she isn't capable of it. And she doesn't really have a motive either."