Familiar Faces

"Thanks for the ride." I said to Theo as he pulled up to my house. I got out of the car, walking down the driveway, into the house.  As I walked into the house, shutting the door behind me as voices echoed from inside. 

"Hey guys." I greeted Scott and the rest of the pack, including my mom as they stood around the kitchen counter. "Whatcha talking about?" 

"We need to figure out a plan." Lydia stated as the others nodded. "To stop Monroe and the others, before it gets out of hand. 

Suddenly, the windows shattered as the sound of guns echoed and bullets sprayed into the house. We took cover to the ground as the bullets collided with the walls, pictures falling onto the floor, smashing. Everything was in slow motion as the most horrible thing happened in front of me, my eyes widening. 

My mom's hands were a bright red as she pressed down on her chest. Her rapid heartbeat pounded throughout my head as I watched her collapse to the ground, unable to move. "Lydia!" I heard Liam yell, causing me to turn my head slowly. Lydia's body came in contact with the floor, as well as Mason's before the bullets had finally subsided. The final body that came to the floor was my dads. 

"Mom!" I shook my head, crawling over to my mom, holding down on her chest as she panted heavily. "Mom stay with me." Tears pooled in my eyes as I helped her press down on her wound. I could faintly hear Liam calling 911 in the background. Malia was shaking Lydia. I felt Scott come to my side, helping me hold onto mom's wound. 

"She's gonna be okay," I muttered to myself, tapping my hand against the wooden table in the waiting room of the hospital. My mom, Lydia, and Mason were all in surgery. I gripped onto Scott's hand as we listened in on her surgery. She had to be okay. 

"I think she's coagulopathic." I heard the doctor say over the countless beeping of the machines. "I need another suture." Tears lightly dripped down my face as I continued to listen. "The bullet missed the ascending aorta. Brachiocephalic is intact." 

I glanced over at Scott; his eyes glossy as he stared at the floor; telling me he was also tuning into the conversation. "Hemodynamics are stable. She's gonna be okay." 

I sighed in relief as Malia sat on the other side of Scott. She carefully glanced at us, as if she was afraid. Scott looked down at her nodded as I squeezed his hand tightly. "Come on." Scott muttered as he stood up, causing me to stand up with him as he led us to our moms room. 

He quietly opened the door, revealing my mom and the nurse. As we entered the room, the nurse stopped us. "You have about a minute before the sedative sets in, let her rest." She stated before walking out of the room. Scott and I got on either side of my moms bed. Her face was pale, her breathes short and almost silent. 

"Hey, kids." She faintly whispered as she glanced between the two of us. My heart ached as I watched her struggle to talk. "We're gonna wait outside." Scott said, about to turn around. "Wait." 

Scott whipped back around as mom was now taking deep breathes. "Listen to me." She took a breath in between each word as she spoke. "You both didn't do this." 

"But we are responsible. You need to sleep." I said and she shook her head lightly. "I just need to." She paused. "Tell you-" 

"It can wait." Scott pleaded but mom shook her head. "It can't wait." 

"Mom please." I grabbed her hand. "You need to rest. "

"Don't run." She said. "You fight." She breathed, closing her eyes. Scott and I stood there for a brief second. I gently squeezed her hand as Scott placed a kiss on her forehead. We both walked out of the room, slowly closing the door.