Flashbacks

"Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked, causing me to shake my head. "Probably not." Lydia nodded. "Definitely not." 

"You guys aren't hoping i'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia questioned as we all stared at her, then at the large machine in the back. 

"So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott asked as we walked over to the giant freezer. Lydia's idea was to basically freeze us like back when we took ice baths when looking for the nemeton. 

Lydia shrugged. "Cold enough for a hellhound. It's not the same as the ice bath you gave Isaac but, it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive.

Malia crossed her arms. "So what does freezing our asses of have to do with our memories?" 

"It'll slow your heart rate, and put you in a trance-like state." Lydia replied. "Like hypnosis." Scott commented. 

"Hypnotic regression. If we can figure out how to work it." Lydia muttered, examining the machine. 

Malia took a step forward, pointing at a button. "This says start, so maybe it's not that complicated." 

I glanced at all the dials surrounded the one temperature gauge, shaking my head. "It's complicated." 

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia asked as Scott placed his hand on the lever, yanking open the door. "As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us." 

Lydia pressed the start button, causing the machine to light up, making some kind of noise. 

"Okay, it's doing something. You ready?" She asked, turning to Scott, who had taken off his shirt. 

He nodded, stepping towards the freezer. Before he could walk in, I pulled him into a hug, squeezing him tightly. 

"Please, if anything feels off, please tell us. I can't lose you." I muttered as I felt him nod. "I will, I promise." 

I nodded, letting my grip go, Scott walking into the freezer. Lydia pulled the lever up, locking my brother inside the contraption. 

"Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you. So like Aubrey said, it something feels wrong or like, it's not working-" 

"It's going to work." Scott cut Lydia off, causing her to sigh. "I hope you're not saying that because you think I know what i'm doing."

Scott shook his head slightly. "I'm saying that because I know you can figure it out." 

Lydia took a deep breathe, before turning all the dials to the right. A white mist started to fill the freezer, causing Scott to gasp. "Oh, okay, alright, yeah, that's cold. Really cold." 

"So what are we supposed to do? Talk to him?" I questioned as Lydia turned towards me.

"Help him remember?" Malia stated. "Wait till he turns into a werewolf freezy pop?" 

Lydia shook her head. "We need to guide him. Keep him focused."

I turned towards the door as Scott groaned from the inside. I could almost feel his pain through the glass window. "Scott, you have to think about him." Lydia shouted. "Concentrate on Stiles. Try to picture him in your head. Think about what he looks like, things he said." 

Scott shot his hand towards the glass as he shook inside the freezer. The machine started beeping, causing me to fill up with worry. 

"I don't like this. Something's wrong." 

Lydia held her hand up. "Wait. Give it a few more seconds." 

Scott let out a loud shout as he tried gripping onto the glass. "I'm getting him out of there." I shook my head, grabbing onto the lever.