Memory Fade

"Guys, slow down." I yelled as Stiles pressed his foot further into the gas pedal.

"We have to catch up with him, Aubrey." Stiles yelled as Scott sat up onto his feet in the front seat. Stiles pulled up to the van, maintaining a constant speed as Scott grabbed onto the door handle.

Stiles, Scott, and I had been driving around the county when Stiles noticed some guy robbing a shop. Stiles being Stiles decided to go after him.

"Scott, for the love of god, please be careful." I sighed as he nodded. "I'll be fine, we're just going to scare him into pulling over."

Scott fully opened the door, taking a deep breath, before jumping out the door, onto the hood of the van.

He growled, flashing his eyes as the van swerved. It turned off the road, heading straight for a gas station.

"Scott, watch out." I yelled as he glanced back. His eyes went wide as he jumped off the van just in time. The van came in contact with the gas pump, causing it to catch on fire.

"Nice one!" I scoffed as Stiles pulled over to the side of the road. "Really scared him" I rolled my eyes, quoting with my hands.

"Oh shut up." Scott grunted as we got out of the car.

Stiles phoned his dad, causing numerous police cars to arrive at the scene.

"What in the hell were you three thinking?" His dad questioned as I glanced down at the ground.

"We were just trying to help?" Scott sighed as Stilinski crossed his arms. "Why don't you try and help me understand what the hell happened here?" He said, directing towards the van.

"Right well, We were trying to gently persuade him to pull over." Stiles said as I scoffed. "If by pull over, you mean jump on top of his van and scare him then yeah."

Scott sighed. "He was getting away."

Stilinski nodded. "He got away."

Stiles nodded. "Right because obviously, he is some kind of criminal mastermind dad." He said as Stilinski walked over to the back of the van.

"Uh huh. You wanna guess what the stolen merchandise is?" He asked as he opened the trunk, revealing some sort of canisters. "Hmm?"

"Critical life-saving medical equipment?" I guessed as Stilinski shook his head. "No."

"Poisonous gas?"

"Nope."

Stiles smirked. "Filled with drugs?" Stilinski sighed, shaking his head. "Helium."

"H-Helium." Stiles stuttered as Stilinski nodded. "Yeah."

After the talk, Stiles, Scott, and I got into the jeep, driving away from the scene.

"You know, this could be a good thing." I smiled as Stiles sighed, resting his palm against the wheel. "That we saved helium?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I mean that...uh." I trailed off as Scott sat up. "That they don't need us anymore."

"Huh, well. They need us." Stiles muttered. "They just don't know it yet."

I sighed, placing a hand on Stiles' shoulder. "We're all going off to college soon, so Beacon Hills is going to have to survive without us."

Stiles chuckled, slightly shaking his head. "Beacon Hills will burn to the ground without us."

"Stiles, they don't need us." Scott said as Stiles sighed, sitting back.

Suddenly, a buzzing sound echoed throughout the car, causing Stiles to jolt up. He flashed us his phone to reveal his dad calling. "They need us!" He yelled as he smiled.