Two Halves Equal A Whole

"Well, the good news is, he's still dead." I glanced down at the former hellhound, scrunching up my face. "Bad news, he reeks like the inside of a locker room." 

"What else were we supposed to do?" Malia asked Lydia, keeping her gaze locked onto the unmoving body. Lydia pursed her lips. "Figure out how a hellhound led me into the woods to find another faceless body while being technically dead."

"Technically." Malia pointed out. "I don't think I would have been out there if he was fully dead," Lydia responded as we all continued to watch the body for any sudden movements. 

"I don't think we should be hanging out here waiting for him to spring back to life. He could potentially slaughter us all." Lydia shook her head. "He wouldn't lead me somewhere just to kill us all" She paused. "Besides, we don't have to wait if we can figure out how he was able to reach me." 

"How do we do that exactly?" Lydia stood over the body, staring face to face. "I'm just gonna have to ask him." 

Lydia backed away from the body, walking over to one of the tables across from it. She wiped the dust off the top of the table before lying down on it, her head across from the body's.

"Move this table closer." Malia and I grabbed the table, pushing it as close to the body as we could, so their heads were nearly touching. Lydia closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Is it working?" Malia asked after a few seconds, causing Lydia to sigh. "It would if you would be quiet." 

About another 3 minutes passed. "Is it working now?" Lydia's eyes shot open. "As opposed to when you asked me three minutes ago, no." She let out a long sigh, sitting up. "It's not working." She swung her legs over the table, standing next to Malia and I. 

"Maybe you should touch him." Lydia shook her head towards Malia. "That's ridiculous." Malia reached out, putting Lydia's hand on the hellhounds next. Lydia tensed up next to me as we looked at her for some type of reaction. "Anything?"  "Nothing." 

Malia moved Lydia's hand down to his chest. "What about now?" 

"Nope." She moved her hand again. "Now?" Lydia ripped her hand out of Malia's grasp. "Okay stop." Malia looked down at him, slowly tilting his head to the side. She held out her claws. "I could try it." She said hopefully, Lydia shook her head. "it could damage his brain, more than that bullet already has." 

"How did it work last time?" Lydia pursed her lips. "Last time I was unconscious." 

"Unconscious?" Malia and I said simultaneously, glancing around the room. My eyes landed on a small metal hammer on the tray across the table. 

"Okay, we can work with that." Malia turned around, smiling boldly at Lydia. I grabbed the hammer, tossing it over to Malia. She lightly banged it against the desk, causing a small echo. 

"See? It'll be quick." Lydia shook her head, he arms crossed. "No. Not like that." 

"You want us to knock you out right?" Malia questioned, Lydia, tilted her head. "Render unconscious, preferably without pain." She walked over to the body, glancing at it for a moment.  

"Okay, here's what were gonna." Lydia turned towards the both of us. "You're both going to press on my chest hard, constricting the flow of blood and oxygen to my brain. It'll drop my blood pressure and render me unconscious." 

"That sounds totally unsafe." I muttered causing Lydia to nod. "Oh, extremely." Lydia laid back down on the table, taking a deep breath as Malia and I put our hands on her chest. 

"Are you sure?" Malia asked as Lydia shook her head. "No, but let's go." Malia and I shared a quick glance before pressing down on Lydia's chest. She panted as her heart rate quicken.