The Hard Truth

"I know what happened to Donovan." Theo said, taking a step towards Stiles and I. "I know everything..."

Stiles narrowed his eyes, lunging at Theo. He grabbed his shirt, pinning him against the fence.

"You don't know anything." Stiles said between his teeth. Theo grabbed Stiles shoulders, flipping them so Stiles was against the fence.

"I was there." He yelled. "I was at the library. Malia found the book. She was texting us to see where you were. She said she left you at the library. I told her I was close. When i got there, I heard the scaffolding come down." He finished as Stiles stared at him.

"You saw him?" Stiles barley whispered as Theo nodded. "Just the body." Stiles let go of Theo's shirt, as he took a step back from Stiles.

"I was gonna say something." He continued. "But then I saw the cop car. And the body was gone. I don't know who took him. I only saw what you guys saw, and I didn't say anything because you two didn't" He said, glancing back at me.

I couldn't help but feel betrayed by Theo, but at the same time, grateful. He could've told the police, we'd be in jail, but he didn't. Maybe Stiles would finally realize that he's only trying to help us, not destroy us.

A siren echoed through the air, breaking the awkward silence between the three of us. "That's not an ambulance, is it?" Theo asked causing Stiles to shake his head. "We should get out of here."

My eyes widened. "We can't just leave him." I said as Theo sighed. "Fine. Alright, let's take him."

I raised my eyebrows at him as he shrugged. "Someone's stealing the bodies anyway, right? Here's our chance to find out who." Stiles glanced between Theo and the body as I sighed. "Maybe he's right Stiles."

"Stiles, come on." Theo pleaded. "We gotta do something." Stiles shook his head. "You killed him." He said softly.

"In self-defense." Theo said bluntly. "He was going to kill me. He was going to kill all of us." He said, glancing between the three of us. "If we stay, we're either going to have to tell the trust or we're going to need a pretty convincing story."

Stiles bit his lip, keeping his eyes on the body. "It's your choice." Theo crossed his arms. "I'm not going to ask you to lie to your dad. Either one of you."

"Don't worry." Stiles bent down, grabbing ahold on the body. "We've had plenty of practice." I sighed, grabbing on the legs as Theo took the other shoulder.

Stiles was right. At this point, Lying had become our profession.

We arrived at the clinic, Scott following right behind us. As far as he was concerned, one of the doctors had killed Scott. Theo kept his promise, Stiles and I were returning the favor.

"Do you know him?" Theo asked as Stiles lifted the cover, showing Scott the body. "His name's Josh." Scott said as he nodded. "He was a junior. Which one did it? The one with the cane?" He questioned as we nodded. "Yeah."

Stiles sighed, covering the body back up. "What are we going to do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave." Stiles stated as I nodded. "That's how Tracy disappeared."

"Alright, someone's got to stay here with him then." Scott said, glancing at all of us.

"I'll do it." Theo spoke up, causing Stiles to turn toward him. "It's not like I had a big Sunday night planned."

As I was about to object, Scott's phone went off. He pulled it out of his pocket, furrowing his eyebrows. "What is it?" I questioned.

"Another one." He paused. "Another Chimera." Scott grabbed his coat off the hanger. "You guys coming?"