Professional Assassins

"Stiles, what's going on?" I questioned as I walked into his room, Kayla following behind me. His eyes widened. "Aubrey!" He ran towards me, pulling me into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay."

He pulled away, keeping his hands on my shoulders. "What happened?" I gulped, glancing back towards Kayla. "Uh. Her name is Kayla."

He nodded as Kayla shyly, slightly raising her hand. "Hey." Stiles grabbed my arm, bringing to the corner of the room. "What is she doing here and who is she?"

I glanced down at my feet. "She, uh." I searched for words, finding nothing. How was I supposed to tell Stiles I bit someone, especially in a time like this. Stiles lifted my head, so my eyes were directly lined with his. "Aubrey, you can tell me anything. I won't be mad at you."

I scratched the back of my neck, laughing dryly. "You might be." He shook his head. "Tell me."

I sighed. He deserved to know the truth. "She's a freshman at the high school. I found her in the woods when I went for a walk earlier. We were just talking when these men shot arrows at us." I felt a tear roll down my face as I continued.

"W-We were running and Kayla had gotten hit by an arrow. S-She wouldn't have made it. I had to do it. I couldn't let another person die because of me. I cou-" Stiles pulled me into his chest, squeezing me tightly. "Aubrey, it's okay."

I shook my head. "No it's not. I- I." I shook my head sighing. "I bit her Stiles. Sh-She's my beta."

Stiles eyes widened as he stared between Kayla and I. "Aubrey, are you serious?" I nodded. "I couldn't let her die. No one else can die because of me."

I walked back over to Kayla, standing beside her. "Stiles, I know you want to know more, but we have more serious problems. Can you please explain what all this is?" I pointed to the board covered in photos and red tape.

He nodded, walking to the board. "So, you remember the deadpool we found?" I nodded as he pointed to the top of the board. "So, the Walcott's were the first to die. At least the first we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk."

"The one on the roof with Scott, Liam, and I?" Stiles nodded. "Precisely. The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine. Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And later got decapitated outside his car."

I crossed my arms. "No one knows who did it?" He shook his head. "We have no evidence yet. But, last night, 23 year-old Carrie Hudson was stabbed in the chest."

"Have you told your dad about this yet?" He shook his head. "We were actually trying to find you first. Now that I know you're safe, we can head to the station now." He pulled out his phone, typing away at the keyboard.

"Stiles, do me a favor." I said as we walked into the station, Kayla following behind us. "Don't tell Scott about Kayla yet. It's too soon." He sighed, nodding. "You're going to have to tell him soon." I nodded. "I know."

"Finally, you guys take forever." Scott sprinted up to us, furrowing his eyebrows. "Who's this." I shook my head, walking past him. "I'll explain later, we have to Sheriff."

"Okay now what's this thing about a list going on?" Sheriff questioned as we walked into his office. "And who's this?"

Scott pulled out the list, placing it on his desk. "It's a deadpool. A hit list of supernatural creatures. This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded."

"Who found this list?"

"Lydia." Sheriff looked up at us. "How?" Stiles chuckled. "She wrote it. Actually, she transcribed it. Without realizing it."