A New Found Trust

"Aubrey, i've done some research about what you had experienced the other night." Deaton said as I leaned up against the table. 

"It seems as you created some sort of force field." He stated as I nodded. "So this is a good thing?" 

He nodded. "Seems like it." He answered. "That barrier protected everyone else from Lydia's high-pitch scream, which could've killed them." 

"But Parrish also had a barrier." I said as Deaton nodded. "Parrish is the guardian of the supernatural. It is his duty to protect them. Your barrier on the other hand I believe, was to protect your pack." 

"How can I trigger this barrier?" I asked. "Does it come out of nowhere or what?" 

Deaton shrugged his shoulders. "It seems like the barrier is triggered when Scott or someone important to you is in danger. Like a natural reaction." 

I nodded, standing up from the table. "Thank you." 

He flashed me a smile. "Anytime Aubrey." 

After leaving The Clinic, I headed back to my house, where everyone was meeting up. As I walked into the house, I entered the kitchen where everyone was surrounding the table. 

"So, what's the plan?" I asked as I walked up next to Stiles, standing next to him. 

"We don't have one yet, but my dad's got an APB out.." Stiles replied as Kira raised her eyebrows. "For a 5'8" 16-year-old?" 

Stiles shook his head. "I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf." I shook my head, chuckling to myself. 

"It still might not be him." Liam stated, looking up at us. The room went silent for a couple of seconds as we all stared at Liam. 

I couldn't imagine what he was feeling right now. His best friend was the biggest monster in Beacon Hills. 

Liam sighed, breaking the silence. "But, Hayden's at the school looking." 

"I can keep checking the woods." Malia said as we nodded. 

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the county." Scott's voice echoed into the room as he entered, holding his helmet. "We can find him." 

"What happens then?" Liam asked as Scott set his helmet on the table. 

"We figure out a way to save him." Scott replied as Liam nodded. "Okay. Where else could we look?" 

Scott walked past Stiles, towards the wall. "Let's ask Corey." He reached onto the wall, grabbing the air. 

Corey appeared out of nowhere as Scott let go of him. "Wait." He stammered. "It's not my fault. They took him and I couldn't do anything." He said. "They took him." 

"Who?" I questioned, crossing my arms. "The Dread Doctors."

As everyone dispersed from the house, Scott, Liam, and I stayed behind. 

"Aubrey, we need a favor." Scott sighed. "And you might not like it very much." 

I crossed my arms, furrowing my eyebrows. "What?" 

"We need you to call Theo." He said as I sighed. "Why?" 

Scott shook his head. "We don't want to hurt him. We need him." 

I raised my eyebrows, stifling a laugh. "You need him? I thought you hated him." 

"We do-" Scott glared at Liam. "We need his help to find Mason. This is the only thing we can do to find him." Scott shook his head. "I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't critical."