Zoo Shenanigans

"Damn, I really miss the pandas!" I jumped up, peering through the bars at the old panda exhibit. The zoo was one of my favorite places as a kid, now it's become a battleground.

"Aubrey, this is no time for fun and games," Liam commented, rolling his eyes and pulling out his phone as Theo snickered behind him. 

"I really don't think Nolan is this dumb." I sighed, resting my back against the bars as Liam held the phone up to his ear. 

"Did it work?" He asked as I tuned into the conversation. "Yep. Nolan's right behind me. Like, literally right behind me. He's driving a bright red car." Mason described as he chuckled. "He's actually terrible at this." 

Liam flashed me a smirk and I shook my head. "Okay, just be careful." 

"Okay." Liam hung up the phone, shoving it back into his pocket before turning towards me. 

"Don't test me, Dunbar." I narrowed my eyes and he laughed as I turned back towards the zoo entrance, watching it for cars. 

The blue car pulled in, signaling that Mason had finally arrived.  Liam, Theo, and I walked towards Mason, Liam and I stopping at the window as Theo continued to the trunk. 

"How close is he?" Liam asked, looking back. "He's back down the road," Mason replied. "Don't look." 

I walked back towards the trunk, grabbing the last of the sleeping bags. 

"Should I come with you guys?" Mason asked, smiling at the group. Theo raised an eyebrow. "His friends shoot to kill. Go home." He walked off into the zoo entrance. 

Mason nodded his head. "Yeah, Lydia would kill me if anything happened to her car anyways." 

"Don't worry about it; Nolan's gonna do the rest," I replied. Liam and I walked back into the zoo, hoping the fence. I placed the sleeping bags on the ground as Theo had, making it seem like someone was living here. 

"He's definitely going to fall for it." Liam said, nodding at the bags. The sound of a car filled the air, causing me to push into the bushes. 

"Look," I whispered to Theo and Liam, peering at Nolan as he got out of his car. A big black truck soon followed, stopping next to the bright red car. 

Two men got out of the trunk, carrying rifles, advancing towards Nolan. 

"Where are they?" One of the men asked, stopping in front of Nolan. "Inside the zoo." He replied, looking at the gate. "They're all here."  He paused, turning towards the two men. "It's not just the two of you, is it?" 

"What do you mean, just?" The other man asked and Nolan shook his head. "It's not just a pack, they have an alpha and a banshee. They're all here." 

The men walked around, glancing through the thicket of trees. " I don't see all of them. I don't see anyone." He stated before turning back towards Nolan. 

"I saw Theo, Aubrey, and Liam bringing a car full of food and supplies right here." He pointed at the gate. "There were at least six sleeping bags okay? They're here."

"This isn't going to work," I muttered, thinking about Scott and Malia. "Where's the backup? There should be like 20 of them here, not just 2 guys." I sighed. 

"Think about it, they aren't going to believe Nolan," Theo replied as something clicked inside my head. 

"Then they have to believe us," I smirked as Theo glanced at me, nodding.