I Promise

Biology was the last thing I wanted to deal with, unfortunately, Scott practically dragged me out of bed. I couldn't help but still be slightly angry at him, for claiming Stiles' wasn't real. But then again, that's what the Ghost Riders do, they erase people and make them forget. 

I rested my palm against my cheek, doodling small figures on the side of my paper as the teacher spoke. 

"The corpus callosum is not only the largest white matter structure in the brain\ but also the bridge connecting all parts of the brain to each other." 

I knew I was supposed to be paying attention, but how could I focus on the brain if I couldn't trust it. How could you completely forget someone like they weren't even there? Isn't the brain supposed to be at keeping memories alive?

"The ability for all parts of the brain to communicate, and to work together, help us make leaps in cognitive thinking." The teacher walked her way over to Lydia, who stared aimlessly out the window.

"Any questions, thoughts, insight, Lydia? Lydia snapped her head back to face the teacher. "I completely agree." She said as she nodded her head. 

"Is there something outside that's more fascinating than the structure of the human mind?" Lydia shook her head. "No." 

She nodded. "I didn't think so. She strided back towards the board. "Now, many people credit the corpus callosum, for giving us a sense of intuition, gut instinct, even we ourselves aren't aware."

A loud clicking sound erupted into my ears, making me turn towards the window. My eyes widened as I shook my head. 

Stiles' jeep was outside, in the school parking lot, about to be towed. 

I stood to my feet, grabbing my backpack. "I'm sorry. I'll be right back." I said before rushing out of the classroom, ignoring the stares of Scott and Lydia. 

I quickly ran out of the building running up to the jeep. "Hey!" I said as I reached the man about who was about to tow the jeep. "You can't tow this jeep."

He glanced down at his clipboard. "Paperwork says I can. It's reported as abandoned." 

I shot him a glare before slamming my hand down on the side of the jeep. "And now it's not." 

He raised his eyebrows. "Oh, this is your vehicle?" He asked, causing me to shake my head. "Does it matter?" 

He scoffed, shaking his head. "Sounds like a no."

"It's mine." I heard Scott come up behind me, placing a hand on the jeep. "My jeep." He panted before looking up at the guy. "Thank you. I'll move it. Once I get the keys. From my locker. After you leave." 

"I'm sorry, once it's on the hook.-" I cut him off, rolling my eyes. "Please don't say, you're on the hook." 

He smirked. "Well, I can't now."

Scott sighed. "Okay. Look, there's gotta be something that we can do. Sign something? Call someone." 

"Pay someone?" I heard Lydia say as she stood next to me, pulling out her wallet. 

"Drop fee's a hundred and fifty. Cash." The man answered, causing Scott to sigh. "A hundred and fifty? This thing isn't even worth that much." 

"How much you got?" Lydia asked, causing me to dig into my pocket. 

"How much have you got?" Scott asked Lydia as he pulled out his wallet. 

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Just give me your money."