Freshmen Star

"Do I have to go today" I groaned as Scott grabbed my arm, dragging me out the door. "Yes, you have to go. Plus you get to drive your new car. " My eyes lit up. I'd finally saved up enough money to get myself a car, no more riding with Scott.Scott patted my shoulder, putting on his helmet helmet. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. We're Juniors now. Things will be easier." I nodded, sighing.

"I guess you're right." I got into the car, staring up the engine. Scott smiled "That's my sister." He kickstarted the bike, backing out the driveway and onto the road, driving towards the school. I quickly followed behind him, man it felt good to drive.

"Do you think i'm still team captain?" Scott asked as we exited the locker room. First period went by in a flash, nothing but boring syllabuses and the same old rules we hear every year. Now, since I had a free period, I was going to watch Stiles and Scott try out for the lacrosse team.

Stiles patted Scott's back. "Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Scott nodded. "Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

I groaned. "We've got bigger things to deal with anyway Scott. Did you tell Argent yet?" He shook his head. "I texted him but he didn't get back to me."

Stiles' eyes widened. "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Scott nodded, shrugging. "I don't have the money to call France." Stiles looked down at his feet. "Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House."

"Another notice?" Stiles nodded. "Yeah, this one said final. Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like a 117 million problems and worrying about out status on the lacrosse team is not one of them." Scott shook his head. "It is now."

As we approached the bleachers, I watched the field. Everyone shot balls at the goalie, he didn't miss one. His reflexes were just like Scotts. My mouth dropped as he caught a incredible fast ball, as did the boys next to me. He proceeded to catch every ball thrown at him. "Who the hell is that?"

The boy took off his helmet, reveling him to be young, probably a freshmen, really blue eyes, but he was adorable. A player came up to him, patting his back. "Nice Liam, You might just be our first ever freshmen captain."

Stiles bit his lip. "Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit." Scott shook his head, grabbing Stiles' hand and heading onto the field.

As players struggled to get a ball past Liam, it was soon Scotts turn. Scott narrowed his eyes, scooping a ball up with his lacrosse stick. He ran full speed at Liam, shooting the fall from only a few feet away. Liam caught it with ease, smiling in triumph as Scott's breathing increased as he made his way to the back of the line. Oh boy, this wasn't going to end well.

The boys ended up not making a single shot on Liam, both of them assuming the worse, he was a werewolf. As he walked by, I couldn't catch a single whiff of werewolf off of him, but the boys were persistent. "Hey Liam." Liam turned around as Stiles, Scott, and I approached him. "You want to explain what that was out there?"

Liam furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?" Stiles narrowed his eyes. "That little display. Your little circus act."

"What circus act?"

"You caught every shot." Liam chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. "I was in goal, isn't that what their supposed to do." Stiles grunted. "Yes, but nothing, not a single shot got past you." I stepped in front of Stiles. "Stiles, give him a break."

"You're a freshmen right?" Scott asked as Liam nodded. "Yeah."

"But you weren't here last semester." I shot a glare towards Stiles as he rolled his eyes. Liam nodded. "I transferred from Devenford Prep." Scott's eyes widened. "You transferred."