Peace and War

"Liam, you better get your ass up or else i'm going to drag you out of bed." I crossed my arms as Liam groaned, turning his back towards me. "No, i'm sick."

Scott had sent me over to Liams to try and convince him to come to school. He had been too frightened to go due to Corey and Nolan's meeting in the library.

"You're not sick." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, i'm like deathly ill." He faked coughed and I kept my glare on him.

"It's serious." He continued. "I think it's the flu."

"It's not flu season Liam, it's spring time." I opened his blinds and he groaned.

"Uh, then I probably have pneumonia." I sighed, sitting on the edge of his bed. "Liam, you're a werewolf; you can't get pneumonia." I said. "But you know what you can get is in trouble for being late to school. So come on, let's go."

Liam shook his head, pulling the blanket over his head. "I don't think I should go to school, or outside, or anywhere, ever again."

I shook my head. "Liam, no one gives a crap about what you think okay? Because you have to go to school. All you have to do pretend like nothing happened?"

Liam shot up, eyeing me. "Pretend? I'm just supposed to pretend?" He questioned me; a frown across his face.

"Think of it when Superman gets caught with his glasses off. You know, he doesn't give up. He puts them back on and says, i'm still Clark Kent."

"You want me to wear glasses?" Liam asked and I rolled my eyes. "This is why you should go back to school; and not be Clark Kent, be Liam Dunbar."

"Just like how Superman has to be Clark Kent, like Spider-man is Peter Parker, and Captain America is just Steve Rogers." I explained but Liam just sighed.

"He doesn't have to pretend, everyone already loves him. Unlike us, who everyone hates." He paused. "They hate us for trying to save their lives."

I nodded. "You're right. We are trying to save lives. Which is why you're gonna get up and go to school and pretend like nothing happened. Because if you don't, more people could die."

"Because of me." He stated and I shook my head.

"I didn't really know Brett and Lori. Well, not like you did. But I know you." I paused, letting out a sigh. "And if you're afraid of seeing more of your friends die, you'll go."

After making sure Liam actually went to school, I met up with Scott at the bunker. We walked into the bunker, joining Argent, Lydia, and Malia. Scott wanted to get advice from Argent about Gerard and his new apprentice.

"Brett and Lori didn't just die." He started. "They were murdered. Killed by the new hunter in Beacon Hills." He stated, not taking his eyes off of Argent. "You know, when he took out the Hellhound, we thought that it was luck. That we were dealing with an amateur. But now we know that whoever this new hunter is, he has a teacher."

"Gerard." Argent said breathlessly. "Which means this is my fault. I'm the one who let him go." He sighed and Lydia shook her head. "You couldn't have done anything."

"He could've killed him." Malia pointed out, earning a glare from Lydia. "Just saying."

Lydia shook her head. "We're not executioners."

I shrugged my shoulders. "We are when it comes to a supernatural war."

"That's why we're going to make peace." I stifled a laugh. "With Gerard." Scott turned his head towards me. "Aubrey, you know what's coming, we all do." He paused. "We keep using the same word."