A Secret Death

"Aubrey!" Stiles' voice blared through my speaker as I say up tiredly, rubbing my eyes. "Stiles, it's 2 in the morning, what do you want?" 

"Aubrey, I need your help please, i'm at the school. Come quick." The phone line went dead as my eyes widened, now fully awake. 

I quickly slip on my shoes, not bothering to change as I run out the door. 

As I pulled up to the school, I saw Stiles running into the doors, a dark figure following behind him. Getting out of the car, I sprinted after them. 

"You really don't know who I am, do you Stiles?" A familiar voice echoed as I entered the library. I ducked behind the shelves as the person spoke. "Maybe you heard about my father." 

"Did your dad tell you about him?" I peered out from behind the shelves, trying to get a closer look. "Did Sheriff Stilinski ever tell you about the time he was still deputy and how his partner got caught in a shoot-out?" 

As the figure turned his head, I gasped. It was Donovan, but he had some strange mark on his neck. "Did he tell you a bullet shattered his spinal cord? Know what that means?" 

"It means everything below his waist is useless. And not just his legs." He chuckled to himself. "I bet he told you some of it."

"But I bet he probably left out the part where he was sitting in a car calling for backup while my dad was going in alone. Did he tell you he was too scared, too much of a frightened little bitch to go in after him? Or do scared little bitches not tell their little bitch sons about their failures?"

I clenched my fist together, not daring to move a muscle. "About how they put their partner in a wheelchair for the rest of his life?" 

As Donovan walked up the stairs, I noticed Stiles in the back of the library, a wrench in his hand. I carefully started walking towards him, making sure to stay out of sight. As I got closer, I noticed a hand reaching out towards Stiles. 

"Stiles!" I shouted, now running at him, full speed. Stiles turned towards me as the hand grasped his shoulders. He screamed as the bookshelves collapsed, the hand pulling him through the newly opened area. 

"Donovan." I growled as Stiles threw him off, climbing up the ladder. He turned towards me, his eyes staring into me. "Aubrey, stay out of this." 

I shook my head. "You're gonna have to get through me if you want to hurt him." He chuckled. "Two for one, that works out." 

He lunged at me, causing me to bump into the ladder. "You have been a thorn in my side for too long now." He smirked as he pinned me to the ground. 

I shook my body, trying to escape his grip as he laughed. "Any last words."  

Suddenly, Donovan was thrown off me. Stiles grabbed my arm, pulling me up to the ladder. "Come on." I started climbing the ladder as Donovan screamed from below. 

We were almost at the top when Stiles was pulled down. I quickly grabbed his hand as Donovan held his leg. "Don't worry Stiles, i'm not gonna kill you." He glanced down at his leg. 

As he looked back up, his eyes were fully white, his mouth now filled with sharp teeth. "I'm just gonna eat your legs." His voice turned dark.

I grabbed Stiles arm, pulling him out of Donovan's grip. "What are we gonna do?" Stiles yelled as Donovan started to reach up the ladder.  I looked around the ladder, trying to find something to get us out of this situation.