Masked Men

"What the hell even happened to her?" I asked Stiles as we drove down the road.

"Malia said there were these people in masks." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Mask?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah, there were 3 of them. Apparently they were too strong and Malia couldn't do anything about. Tracy was leaking silver goo." I nodded, still confused.

"Do we know what the goo is?" Stiles shook his head. "Deaton thinks its mercury, but we're not sure." I sighed as we pulled up to my house.

Stiles and I got out of the car, walking into the house to see Deaton, putting down a duffle bag on the table. "Perfect, you're here." He said, directed us near Scott and Kira. We walked over to them, taking a seat as Deaton pulled out jars from his bag.

"A werewolf with the talons of an eagle." He placed the jar on the table. "Possible a shape-shifter, known in eastern mythology as a Garuda."

He pulled out another jar. "Tracy's claws."

"The unmistakable claws of a werewolf but, a werewolf who was also bears the vemon and the scales of a Kanima."

"What do you even call that?" Kira asked as Deaton shrugged. "Personally, I call it terrifying."

He paused. "But at the moment, i'm more interested in how Tracy was able to get across the mountain ash."

Scott crossed his arms. 'I thought nothing supernatural can do that."

Deaton nodded. "As did I. So if Tracy was able to cross the mountain ash and no one supernatural can do that."

"Then Tracy's not a supernatural." I muttered as everyone turned towards me. Deaton nodded. "Exactly."

"If she wasn't born and she wasn't bitten, she had to have been made." Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "Made?"

"Someone is trying to make supernatural creatures with non-supernatural means." He put all the jars back in his bag. "And whoever they are, they're somehow managing to blur the lines between science and the supernatural. But there's more."

He took a seat at the table. "Liam said he found another hole out in the woods. Burying them could be part of their process, a kind of incubation."

Scott sighed. "What are we supposed to do?" Deaton shrugged. "Same thing you've always done. Protect your friends. Protect each other."

Stiles crossed his arms. "So, what about someone like Tracy?"

"I wish i could tell you." Deaton stood up, grabbing his bag off the table. "Hopefully, i'll have more answers soon. I'll be gone a few days."

Scott's eyes widened. "You're leaving?" Deaton nodded. "Just a few days."

"How scared should we be?" Deaton sighed. "I've lived in the world of the supernatural a long time. But i'm still a doctor. Still a man of science. Something like this happens, it rattles the foundation of everything you believe. Someone like this shakes you to the core."

"Something like what?" I asked as Deaton sighed. "The rules. The rules have changed."

The next day at school, you could feel the tension. The air felt unclean as I walked into Biology. I took my seat, next to Theo, placing my head down on the table.

"You okay Aubrey?" Theo asked as I slightly nodded, sitting up. "Yeah, just stressed."

"Is it about what happened at the station." I sighed. "Partially."

"I'm just really confused with everything that's going on lately. With Tracy and Donovan, everything is just getting to my head." Theo placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry Aubrey, everything will turn out okay in the end. I promise."