No Escape

WARNING: If you haven't seen the newest episode of Teenwolf, 6x11 (Aired on July 30th, 2017). Do not continue this chapter! There will be spoilers of the episode. If you didn't see it and don't care about the spoilers, then feel free to read but continue at your own risk. 

"Open your text books to page 593." Mr. Smith said and I quickly shuffled through the pages, trying to find the exact one.  

Beacon Hills Community College wasn't my first choice, but it was the one that would keep me close to home, seeing as it was only 15 minutes away from my house. Scott, on the other hand, was going 3000 miles away. 

"Today we will learn about Zeus, seeing as he plays a key factor in Mythology." Mr. Smith spoke as he held the textbook in his hand. 

Scott and Lydia had chosen the same college; Scott going to become a veterinarian, Lydia hadn't decided yet. It was going to be strange without Scott in the same house; heck it was already odd not seeing Stiles every day. 

Mom was proud that I decided on going to college, rather than my previous plan of ditching it and being a complete loner. My main priority was Beacon HIlls; protecting those in it and around it. All while balancing a college schedule. 

"Zues-" The bell rang, cutting Mr. Smith off, causing him to sigh. "That's all for today everyone, next class is on Wednesday, 1pm sharp." He stated, closing his book. 

I gathered up my things, shoving them quickly into my bag, trying to get out of the door. Scott had offered me to see how his assistant coaching was improving. I wanted to spend as much time with my brother as I could before he left for college, which happened to be tomorrow. 

Malia was off to Paris with her fantasy of meeting a French lover. Liam and Mason were entering their senior year. Liam was a mess, seeing as Hayden had moved away to protect her sister from all the supernatural creatures, but who could blame her? 

The familiar sound of a whistle filled my ears as I got out of the car, walking towards the lacrosse field of the high school. 

"Nice shot, best shot of the pre-season." I heard Scott say as I got onto the field. 

"Thanks, Coach." The player said as Coach Finstock scoffed, pointing at him. "Assistant coach." He yelled and I smiled. 

"Glad to see you still have your sense of humor." I joked as I joined them. Finstock rolled his eyes. "Great Two McCalls." He turned towards Scott. "What exactly are you doing?" He questioned, causing Scott to shrug.

"Drills." 

Finstock narrowed his eyes at Scott. "You're giving them hope. When did I ever give you hope?" He asked and Scott smiled, slightly shaking his head. "Never." 

"Exactly," Finstock said. "Nothing motivates more than withering criticism." He responded, causing me to chuckle. 

"Speaking of losers." Finstock began, crossing his arms. "Where's your little protégé?" He asked, causing Scott to look around the field. "Ummm." 

Finstock furrowed his eyebrows. "Umm? Is Ummm a location? Is umm behind me?" He asked as Scott sighed. "He'll be here okay?" Scott responded. "He's the backbone of this team and stepped it up in every way possible. A born leader who could handle anything you could throw at him." His response made me smile, I loved the way he talked about Liam as if he were a brother. 

Unfortunately, Liam was probably somewhere sobbing about his long lost lover Hayden. 

Finstock sighed. "I swear to god Scott if you don't get Dunbar out here in three, this will be your last day as assistant coach." He treated, causing Scott to smirk. "This is my last day as assistant coach."