Silver Lining

My ringer blared into my ears and I groaned. I peered my eyes opening, searching for the device as my hands traveled along the bed. Making contact with it, I looked at the screen, briefly closing my eyes due to the immense brightness.  

Theo's name was on the screen, along with the time 3:07 am. I sighed, sitting up and pressing the phone against my ear. 

"Theo, you do realize it's 3 in the morning right?" I sighed, frustrated that he would wake me up. "I know Aubrey, I'm sorry but I need your help." He said sternly into the speaker. 

"With what exactly?" I asked, standing up off my bed and turning on my bedroom light. "I'll explain soon, just come down to the animal clinic." He replied as I slipped on my shoes and grabbing my car keys. 

"Fine, I'm on my way." I placed the phone into my pocket, walking downstairs and into my car, heading towards the clinic. 

I opened the door to the clinic, instantly seeing Theo sitting on the exam table. looking down at his hands. "What was so important that I had to leave my house at 3 am exactly?" I questioned, causing him to glance up.

He sighed it relief, standing up. "There's a spider inside my skin." He said quickly and I crossed my arms. 

"What do you mean?" I questioned.  He rolled his eyes. "There is a spider literally crawling inside my skin." He grabbed a scalpel from the drawer, holding it out in my direction. "And I need you to get it out." 

I grabbed the scalpel from his hand as he took off his shirt, turning around so his back was facing me. "If you see it, don't hesitate to stab it." He said as I nodded to myself, watching his back for any sudden movements. 

Suddenly, something popped out, my hand shooting forward, stabbing the scalpel into the bump. Theo winced, his muscles tightening as I pulled out the scalpel, revealing a large black spider. I handed Theo the scalpel, walking towards the entrance. 

"Sleep tight Theo," I said, grabbing onto the door handle. "Thank you, Aubrey." He said before I walked out of the clinic, just waiting to get back to sleep. 

I made my way home, throwing my shoes in front of the door, along with my keys. I crawled into my bed, resting my head on the pillow. Just as I was about to sleep, my light was turned on, causing me to snap my eyes closed. 

"Aubrey, get up." Scott's voice echoed throughout my head as I sighed. "What Scott." I snapped at him. 

"We have to go find Argent and get him the bullet before the cops find it." He said as I sat up, sighing. 

"Right now?" I questioned as he nodded. Groaning I got up from my bed once again, following Scott downstairs, extremely tired. 

Scott and I met up with Malia and Lydia in the woods where we found the hellhound's body. Luckily, we had gotten to the body first, able to take all the bullets at the scene. Scott was running ahead of the 3 of us, frantically looking around. "We can still catch them," Malia said and Scott stopped in his tracks. 

He turned around facing us. "Catch who?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "The one who killed the hellhound," I said obviously. "What are you thinking about?" 

"Getting the bullet to Argent." He answered as he held out the bullet. Malia crossed her arms as she took a step towards my brother. "Even if he's the one who fired it?" She countered. 

Scott sighed. "Especially if he's the one." Scott replied as he turned away, looking around. "Do you hear that?" He asked as I tuned in my hearing, listening.