Heartache

I sighed, walking aimlessly down the school hallway. Everything has been quiet for the past couple of days.

Scott started using his inhaler again, his asthma as bad as it was in Sophomore year. Maybe that's why he's been so quiet.

We haven't seen any new Chimeras, and we haven't seen the Dread Doctors. You'd think this would be a good thing, but it seemed like the complete opposite.

We all go to school, pretending like nothing's happened, But everyone seems to know. You just walk down the halls and no one's smiling.

No one's laughing. It's like a ghost town.

You get the feeling that everyone can sense that something's coming. They just don't know what it is, or how bad it's going to be. Kind of how i'm feeling right now.

Everytime I feel like I should do something about it, I could feel myself leaning towards Scott or Stiles. Like, they're going to magically come up with some brillant solution on how to save everyone.

But I don't know what to do. I don't think they do either.

Maybe that's why no one's really talking to each other. Stiles and I haven't spoken in the past 5 days, which had been extremely uncomfortable.

Sometimes we don't even notice each other, but I think some of us are okay with that. Not talking makes it easier to keep secrets. I don't know if anyone's really lying about things.

Maybe it's more like lies of omission. Maybe the worst lie is to Stiles' Dad.

No one's told him about Parrish yet. That he'd been taking the bodies of the dead Chimeras

Then again, no one's told Parrish either. He doesn't seem to remember taking the bodies. And we think that he's only really dangerous if you try to get in his way. Like when Theo, Stiles, and I were in the jeep at the clinic that night.

If Stilinski knew the truth, he'd definitely get in his way. Meaning, Lydia and Stiles are trying to find the bodies, which means finding the Nemeton. They're driving around, searching all of the woods.

But last time we found this thing, four of us almost drowned in ice water.

We're not the only ones looking for Chimeras. Stilinski's got everyone looking for the next target. Questioning anyone who's a genetic Chimera. Anyone who's got two sets of DNA. No one really knows what they're looking for.

Some claim it's a serial killer. Some probably know it's worse.

The two Chimeras that we know about, Hayden and Corey..They're both doing okay. Acually, better than okay. They're healing faster, getting stronger. No longer needing our help.

Kira has still been MIA since she left to train her "fox side." Deaton was still missing, causing Scott's anxiety to raise.

Right now, there were only a select amount of people who I trusted. Half of them busy, the other half can't do anything. But there's one person whom I trust, that would always have my back.

"I know something's coming." I admitted, taking a deep breathe. "And all I can think about is how good am I going to be if no one is behind me, backing me up." I finished, glancing up at Theo.

"What are you saying?" He asked as I sighed. "I know you came back looking for an Alpha, i'm sorry that my brother won't accept you, and i'm sorry you've been dragged into this mess."

"I'm not sorry." He stated as I nodded. "You still want to be part of the pack?" I asked as he nodded. "Aubrey, i'm with you. The both of you." He glanced behind me.