Sacrifice

As I sat behind the pillar, gunshots ricocheted off of the surrounds near, I thought, this could be it. This could be the last time I saw Scott, Malia, my friends, Stiles. I would never see him again. This could be the end. I held my hood over my head, trying to shield myself from the bullets. I glanced over at Scott, who held the same position as me, trying to hide from the spraying bullets. Looking to where the bullets were coming from, I noticed this one guy, who had a perfect aim at Scott. 

"Scott!" I screamed, running towards him. I braced for impact when a loud thud echoed into the air. Opening my eyes, I looked down at myself, I was okay. Looking back over to where the guy was, my heart dropped, it felt as if I was frozen in time. 

Stiles sat in his jeep, smiling at me. "You didn't think you're doing this without me, did you?" Suddenly, Derek came out from behind the car. "Without us?" 

I shook my head from the shock and narrowed my eyes at the gunman, running for the first one. I grabbed his gun, pulling it away from him. I threw it to the side before slamming him against the ground, rendering him unconscious. Scott fought by my side as we took down each gunman, one by one, until there were none left, the jeeps taking off, retreating.

After all the gunmen were gone, I frantically looked around until my eyes landed on him. I smiled widely running over to him, placing my lips on his and kissing him with as much passion as I could. 

As we pulled away, he wrapped me in his arms. "I can't believe you didn't tell me about this." I sighed, shaking my head, unable to hide the smile on my face. "We had reasons. Really good reasons." 

"It's really started hasn't it?" Malia muttered as we looked down at Deucalion's body. 

"What's started?" 

"It's an all-out war." Derek responded and Peter nodded. "As much as I really enjoy the impromptu family reunion, what are you doing here?" He asked Derek. 

"I found a pack slaughtered in Brazil. There were two words written in blood on a wall. Beacon Hills." 

"You came back for Beacon Hills?" Scott asked as Derek shot him a smile. "No, I came back for you." 

Suddenly, the radio in Stiles' car flickered on, with a too familiar voice. 

"Blood and destruction. Dreadful objects so familiar. All pity choked with custom of fell deeds. Caesar's spirit ranging for revenge. With Ate by his side come hot from hell. Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice." Gerard spoke through the radio, leaving chills in the air. 

"Do you know the rest, Scott? Do you know your Shakespeare? "Cry Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war. War indeed. Welcome back, Derek. You must all be feeling rather nostalgic. Are you pleased with the little family reunion I've gathered around you, Scott? Yeah well, why don't you come join us and I can thank you in person? I even have a few visitors for you, from London." My heart dropped as the last sentence left his mouth.  

"Even someone like Jackson Whittemore couldn't resist coming back to Beacon Hills. Say hello, Jackson." The sound of electricity filled the air, along with quiet muffled screams. 

"Do it again old man. Come a little closer I'm gonna show that thing so far up your ass." Jackson's voice was cut off. 

"Lost none of his charm, has he. You can find him here with us at the armory Scott. In fact, i'm going to tell you where to find all of them. Your deputy hellhound met some friends of his while responding to a call at Eichen House. Youre father was on his way back from San Francisco with the goal of entering the fight. But he didn't make it far." As much as I didn't like my dad, I couldn't help but hope he was okay.