Reunited

//Authors Note// ~I know it's been an outrageous amount of time since i've uploaded a chapter, and i'm truly sorry about that. Over the past 2 weeks, i've been dealing with personal issues, not to mention i'm currently sick. But i'm so sorry to keep you all waiting. I hope you enjoy <3~

"Aubrey, get up." Scott's voice echoed throughout my room as I groaned. "Scott let me sleep."

"Parrish found something at the relay station." He continued as I turned my body away from him. "Can't it wait until tomorrow.

The blanket flew off of me as my head fell onto the mattress. I sighed. "I'm guessing it can't?"

"I'll meet you downstairs." He replied, walking out of my room.

I shot up from my head, quickly getting dressed before meeting Scott downstairs. "So where did you say we were going?" I asked as we got into my car. Scott got into the drivers seat, pulling out of the driveway. "The Relay Station." I nodded as he drove down the road.

We arrived at the Relay Station rather quickly. The entrance was covered by police tape as the doors were thrown to the side. "This is from the relay station's security camera." Parrish said, pulling out his phone.

He pulled up a video onto the screen, playing it. A huge black figure bursted out from the doors, running off. "That looked big." I stated as Parrish nodded. "And too fast for anyone to get a good look at it." He finished.

I glanced at Scott, his eyes were fixated on the phone. "But you already know what it is, don't you?" Parrish asked as Scott nodded. "The last Chimera."

I raised my eyebrows. "You think so." He turned towards me, nodding. "What else could it be." He turned back to Parrish. "Can we go inside?" Parrish nodded as we followed him to the entrance.

We followed Parrish down the stairs, further into the station. The smell of blood filled my nose as we stepped off the stairs. Electricity crackled from the broken wires above us.

Scott bent down next to the pool of blood that was on the ground. "You still got a black light?" He asked as Parrish reached into his pocket, handing Scott a flashlight.

Scott shined the flashlight down at the ground, examining it. He sighed, standing up, handing Parrish back the flashlight. "Mercury means Chimera."

"But what was it doing here?" Parrish questioned. "Why come here and kill some random communications tech?"

Scott shrugged. "Maybe it just likes to kill. Maybe it's what it does."

"That's terrifying." Parrish replied as I chuckled.

"Parrish." Scott said, causing him to turn around. "How many bodies do you actually see when you dream about the Nemeton?"

Parrish paused, his gaze shifting to the claw marks that ran across the broken locker door. "Everyone."

After the brief meeting with Parrish, Scott and I headed home. I sat in front of my cork board, pursing my lips. Every since the whole incident of there being a new chimera, it convinced me to make my own murder board. I attached a piece of paper to the middle of the board.

'The Last Chimera?'

Was the last chimera even an actual person or just a complete monster. If the Dread Doctors wanted the perfect killer, it would make sense for it not to be human. But if it wasn't a human, would they be able to control it?

"Hey Aubrey, have you talked to Stiles recently?" Scott asked as he opened my door. I shook my head, walking away from my board. "Not since yesterday, why?" I asked as he shrugged. "No reason, just he's kinda been MIA."