Ghost Town

After Stiles' voice from the radio had lost contact with us, Scott and I made our way to the sheriff's office. 

We were going to attempt to convince him that Stiles was indeed real and his son. I hadn't been working so far. 

"Alright." Sheriff sighed, shutting the door behind him as Scott and I ushered into his office. 

"You heard a voice coming through the radio, and now you're convinced that it's the voice of-" Scott cut him off. 

"Stiles." Scott said firmly. "Your son." 

The Sheriff nodded, crossing his arms as he glanced at us with a confused expression. "Uh-huh. And maybe it's just a random signal cross?"

I narrowed my gaze, reaching into my pocket, slamming the keys onto the table. "Peter gave us the keys to the jeep and it started right up. Claudia's Jeep." 

"Oh, wait, wait. Now I'm supposed to trust Peter Hale?" 

I shook my head. "Sheriff. I want you to trust me."

Scott sighed. "I heard Stiles on that radio. I'm sure of it. We're all sure of it." He said, glancing over to me, causing me to smile.

"If you had heard it too-" Sheriff cut him off. "Well, I didn't" 

"Yeah. But if you had-" 

"Enough!" Sheriff yelled, pushing the keys back towards us. "The both of you, out." 

I narrowed my eyes, snatching the keys off his desk before storming out of the room. 

"Aubrey, you know he can't help it." Scott trailed off, causing me to shake my head. 

"I'm sick of everyone telling me he's not real Scott. You know how hard it is." I muttered, turning towards him as I leaned against the car. 

"Trying to convince all of our friends that the one person, that means so much to me is actually real. That I'm not going crazy?" 

Scott placed his hand on my shoulder. "Aubrey I remember him." He stated, causing me to chuckle. 

"Now you do. But before we found his jeep, you didn't even think twice about agreeing with Malia that he wasn't." 

Scott sighed. "Aubrey, we had no proof-" 

I laughed. "You sound like dad." 

I ignored his calls, walking into the library, sitting down with Malia and Lydia. 

"You saw a carousel?" Malia asked as I sat down, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. 

"What?" 

Malia turned towards me. "Lydia had a dream about Canaan." She said, causing my eyes to widen.

"Canaan? As in the place, Stiles was talking about?" I asked, causing Lydia to nod. 

"There was a big sigh that said, Canaan. And people disappearing in clouds of smoke."

Lydia shifted in her seat as Malia turned her gaze away from the computer. "Do you ever have nice dreams?" 

Lydia rolled her eyes. "We need to go to Canaan." She stated as I nodded. "Agreed." 

"It would be helpful if we actually knew someone about the place before just invading it." Malia pointed out. "I keep calling the number for City Hall, and no one answers. The only map I can find it on is 30 years old." Malia said as she pulled out a map from her pocket. 

"So far, the only thing I know about Canaan is where it is." She said as she laid her finger on the dot. 

I shrugged, picking up the map from the table, stepping away from my chair. "That's all we need to know."