House Of Gold

I woke up to the sound of Davis pounding hard against my door and was yelling incoherent words.

"WAKE THE HELL UP! WE NEED TO GET YOUR CAR!"

I remembered about my poor abandoned Jeep and quickly got dressed not caring what I looked like.

I tripped down the carpeted stairs and recovered fast putting my unclean converse on and following Davis into his fancy lexus.

"Ready?" He asks as he buckles his seatbelt. I look at him and nod.

I turn on the radio and a catchy song catches my attention as I search for a station.

Now we're stressed out!

"Oh, that's a catchy song!" Davis Comments as he looks left and right for cars.

"Yah, it is. I wonder who wrote it, maybe he has more music like this," I say and look out the window and watch as the signs and trees pass by.

After a boring few minutes of looking out the window, I decide to look up the song.

"The artist name is... Twenty one Pilots and it's two guys name Tyler and Josh,"

"If it's twenty one pilots, where are the other nineteen?" Davis asks and brakes at a red light.

"Josh... Josh... that's the guy I met at the park!" I said excitedly and looked at the picture of the familiar boy named Josh Dun.

"Lemme see," Davis extends his arm for my phone. I place my phone in his large hand and he looks at it with a look of agreement and satisfaction.

"I approve of this. The ship name shall be Resh or Jemi!" He shouts and hastily tosses my phone into my lap.

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, very funny I barely know the guy, don't ship us!" I retort back at him and go to Josh's contact to text him.

Remi : Hey, guess what I figured out about you.

I wait a minute and stare out onto the road as I wait for my phone to ring. It makes a familiar ring and I pick it up.

Josh : what?

Remi : you're in a band.

Josh : ppsshhh no, that's probably another guy named Josh.

Remi : stop stalling.

Josh : okay fine, I am.

Remi : sweetness

Josh : are you busy today? I'm bored and Tyjo is out right now with his wife and I don't want to third wheel.

Remi : right now yes, I'm getting my car, but later I can.

Josh : Sweet, want me to pick you up?

Remi : sure, and... pick me up at 12, at my house.

Josh : okay it's set. See yah later then. Bye.

Remi : bye

I set my phone down and looked out the tinted window to find we are already at our destination.

"Where is your car?" Davis asks with concern in it. I shrug my shoulders and unbuckle my seat belt.

I we walk around the whole parking lot and find nothing.

"Shit!" I scream out in frustration and throw my arms in the air.

"It was either towed or stolen... I bet it was stolen to be honest," He says and starts to get back into his car. I follow him into the car and we drive back home in silence.

We walk back into our house and I sart my way upstairs to change.

-♤-

By the time I'm dressed I'm dressed in a skate boarders outfit it's already 11:45.

I stare pointlessly at the golden clock hung on my room wall and wait for Josh. After a few minutes the familiar doorbell rings, but Davis gets there before me.

"Oh, Remi, your boyfriend is here!" Davis screams out from downstairs and runs off giggling like an idiot.

"Sorry about him... A TWENTY NINE YEAR OLD THAT ACTS LIKE A FUCKING SIX YEAR OLD STILL CAN'T GET A GIRLFRIEND is my idiotic step brother," I say to Josh and raise my voice so Davis could hear part of it. I hear Davis laughing hysterically from the kitchen.

"USE PROTECTION!" He yells at Josh and I as we exit my house.

"Jesus, that idiot," I say to Josh who is laughing like an idiot the entire time.

"Well, at least you don't have and over protective sibling," Josh replies as he opens the passenger door to his car for me.

"Thank you," I reply and sit in the car. Josh comes around and starts to drive out of the drive way.

"Dude seatbelt," I say as I notice he didn't buckle up.

"Sorry," He says and wraps his tattooed arm around to buckle up himself.

"Better?" He asks.

"Yes," I reply and look out the window.

"Where are we going?" I ask with curiosity.

"The fair," He replies and smiles a cutesy smile. I smile as a gesture and put my white hair behind my ear.

The leather seat sticks to my body as I sweat which isn't too comfortable as I sit there in shorts, but whatever. Soft punk rock music played in the background as Josh and I talked about random things.

"The man was killed... to death," I dramatically say as Josh parks his car in a grassy area. He starts to clap slowly and nod in agreement to my dumb comment. I laugh at his action and he joined in.

"I'm sorry, that was pretty dumb," I say and start to make my way out of his car.

"It's fine, I hear that stuff all the time," He replies and walks with me towards the entrance to the fair. The ferris wheel is visible from a distance and my anxiety starts to get the best of me when a large crowd of people are entering.

My instincts kick in and I get closer to Josh which makes his body tense up.

"What cha doing?" He laughs and his body relaxes. We continue to walk with me close to his side than before. It felt comforting.

My heartbeats fast for some odd reason as we get closer to the ticket booth and Josh senses it.

"It'll be okay, there is no need to be anxious," his words comfort me and my mind relaxes along with my body.

I look up at Josh and he has a grin on his face as we move closer to the ticket selling old man.

"Two tickets please," Josh says to the man. He grabs out his wallet ready to pay.

"Eighteen dollars please," the old man's raspy voice exclaimed.

Josh grabs a twenty dollar bill and hands it to the man who gives him two dollars back and two tickets.

We walk into the entrance of the large area reserved with alot of rides and other booths filled with games.

This was going to be alot of fun.