for him.

♡ Josh's pov ♡

Today was the day.

The day I will be seeing Remi again.

But today it won't be normal.

Today is the day....

-♤-

Pain surged through my hand as I clenched the bouquet of flowers while the elevator rose to the fourth floor of the twenty here. I glanced at Tyler and he gave me an apologetic look s he wrapped his right arm around Jennas' waist.

"Not helping you know..." I sigh with a trembling voice.

"Sorry," Tyler apologized taking his arm off of Jenna quickly. He folded his hand sin front of him as we patiently waited for the moving box to come to a stop.

Finally it came to a stop, opening the metal doors into the blank environment of the hospital.

So depressing here...

We found Remi's room and opened the wooden door revealing Davis by her bedside, including Pete and Brendon. Not to forget Sarah and Maegan.

"Hey Josh..." Davis sniffed from what it sounded like crying.

"Hey, I brought these." I say smiling a bit to raise the mood of the white room. I didn't even look at Remi, I focused my attention to everything else but her. I passed Davis the multi coloured roses. He places them on the bedside cabinet thanking me.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jenna asks also placing a card next to the flowers.

"She's our friend too..." Brendon generally sounded sincere. Sarah was leaning on his right side looking down at the girl I can't look at. The beeping of the heart monitor was the only sound that was loud enough to drown out the murmurs from all of us.

"Funny how she's all somehow saved someone precious to our lives one day... now she's saved yours," Pete says putting Maegan into a side hug.

"It should've been me." My heart rate quickens realizing what will truly happen today.

The wooden door creaks open revealing people in scrubs and one man in a lab coat.

"This is a tragic moment for all of us in this room, but it's time to pull the plug on Remi Isabella Owens... she far too sick to continue being in ICU," That's all I heard before the chlorine in the pool came back into my vision. My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach.

I needed to get out of there.

My feet left the scene bringing my body with me, Brendon followed me out of the room.

"Josh, what the hell are you doing?" Brendon whisper yells as he catches up with my speed.

"Brendon, I can't see her die! I should be the one there in that bed, not her! Forget it, I'm leaving..." I press the button to go down but Brendon grabs my body them slamming me into a wall.

"JOSH! She is your fucking girlfriend, and she's dying here today, she need syou by here side, and I clear? Everyone else are saying their last words, while you're chickening out. I suggest you get back in there before I beat your ass right now." His voice was like venom spitting it right into my face. I nod my head as he loosened his grip on me.

I step into the room with Brendon behind me making everyone look at me in the doorway.

"Any last words from you sir?" The doctor says breifly.

"C-can I talk t-to her a-alone please?" I struggle to not let the waterworks flow.

I feel the familiar hand of Tyler pat my back and I see the blurry feet of all my friends and doctors leaving.

"We will be outside when you're finished." A nurse in purple scrubs said before shutting the door leaving me alone with the continues being noise of the machine keeping my lil' kitty alive.

I turn around finally looking at her. Pale like always, scratched up, and a large scar overlapping her old one.

"Remi... you've n-never looked more b-beautiful then before..." I stutter. My body trembles in sorrow as I stepped closer to her almost lifeless body. My grip is tight against the bar frame.

"Remi, my l-lil' kitty... it's been pretty lonely without you. You always brighten the room somehow when y-you step in," the salty liquid was falling onto the white sheets she was under finally dripped from my eyes.

"Remi," I grab her hand holding it like I've never before, "that day I met you, I knew you were the one. The way you were so quirky and kind hearted to me, I-I just knew it. I wanted to kiss you right there and then, but I couldn't because I thought someone a-as pretty as you already had someone special." I turn my head to cry into my shoudler. I open my eyes to see the necklace I gave her for her birthday sitting there unworn.

"You are my shooting star, who cares if no one saw Jupiter that day, I saw you... I'm so dumb that had nothing to do with that." I lightly laugh thinking she'll wake up instantly, but she didn't. All I heard was the heart monitor and the starting of a storm outside. My sigh was shaky from the crying. I placed both hands onto her free one... it was cold.

I couldn't but I had too, I looked at her face. Tears started to shed as I hear the familiar footsteps of the doctor walk in.

"Sir, would you like to do it?" He asks me empothetically.

"Can I say a few more words?" I ask letting more tears drop not caring how emotionally strong I ask anymore.

"Of course," He nods his head stepping back.

"Remi, I'll miss you to the farthest galaxy and back. My lil' kitty, you'll go far in your afterlife," I lean over and gently kiss her forehead, her last kiss," my galaxy..." My eyes were clouded with fog and couldn't see anything, bu I couldn't let go if her hand.

"Sir, you need to let go of her." The high priced voice of a blue scrubbed nurse tells me.

"Sorry." I tremble not wanting wanting to let go, but I have to.

"Bye Remi..." I start to sing a song we blasted in the car often, "you don't have to say I love to say I love you," I watch her intently before they pull the plug.

"Forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons..."

It was her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:^)

Stay street - Lisa