Sing Me Something Sweet To Sleep To

♡ Josh's pov ♡

Lately since Remi has attempted suicide, she hasn't been feeling too well. Her stomach has been killing her, she's starting to drink too much alcohol, and she's always in a depressed state. But for some reason, she acts like it's not bothering her. All of that I just explained, is all hidden behind a smile she puts on everyday so her problems won't affect others.

"Hey Remi, is your stomach okay? I feel bad because I feel like in the cause of it all." I ask her breaking the silence between us as the bus moved.

Tyler looked at me with hopeful eyes while Jenna did the same.

"It's been getting better, why?" Remi smiles cheerfully. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her dainty foot move away a bottle of some sort away.

"Remi..." Tyler sighs picking up the empty bottle. Remi looks down in shame.

"We need to clear your mind of all this mess. Let's do something fun!" Jenna smiles brightly instantly making the dreary mood fade away.

"Yeah!" Remi bounces in her seat. Just seeing her happy and bubbly like that brings joy into my life.

"Want to go.... to a waterpark?" Tyler butted into the conversation. We all nod our heads in agreement as Tyler stood up to see where we were headed.

"Ummm, we are going to Orlando next. Want to go to blizzard beach or something like that?" Tyler suggests.

"Orlando? Maybe instead of a waterpark we go to universal?" Remi finally speaks up for what she wants.

"Sure!" I reply smiling brightly.

"Great, we will go tomorrow since tonight is the concert and it'll be our free day tomorrow." Jenna says getting up to go to the back of the bus.

Remi leans back onto my chest resting her head on my collarbone. He soft hair met my lips as I kissed the top of her head, and wrapped my arms around her small body.

"Have you been eating? Last time I felt you, you were a bit heavier." I say. Remi freezes for a moment realizing I've said something about it.

"Yah..." She lied. I could tell.

"Let's make a pact. Whatever I tell you to do you'll do, and I'll do it back. Deal?" I say attempting to make a plan to stop her horrible decisions.

"Sure." She says shaking my hand in agreement.

"First thing. Go eat some food." I trick her. She sighs enthusiastically while getting up to go to the small kitchen.

I watch her intently as she grabs a bag of chex mix and Arizona green tea. ( a/n That's what I'm eating rn)

She took a seat next to me opening the bag making it crinkle.

"Want some?" Remi offers some putting the bag in my face. I shrug my shoulders grabbing a handful of the mixture of foods.

"There's my lil' kitty I remember." I smile remembering all of the great memories.

"Meow meow more fucker." Remi says before stuffing her face with chex mix and downing it down with tea.

"Can I have some tea?" I ask. She nods passing the can to me.

I take a drink of the cool liquid gold and pass it back to her.

"I seriously think I should get my stomach checked out. I could have cancer or something." Her somber voice is calm while she downs another sip of tea.

"You seem pretty calm about that." I reply to the brunette sitting next to me.

"It's just a guess. I probably don't have stomach cancer. Have the rest of my chex mix I'm really not that hungry." She replies handing me the bag. She stands up suddenly running to the trash can signaling she's about to throw up.

I was right.

"Oh god... I really need to get that checked out..." Remi sighs taking a seat against the wall.

"Yeah, it has been a week since that's happened." I reply helping Remi up from the floor.

-♤-

We sat in a dull doctors office while we waited for Remi to get called up. I can feel eachothers nervousness as the clock ticks down the minutes.

"Remi Owens?" A lady in blue scrubs said with a smile on her face. She held a brown clipboard as she escorted us to the room.

They checked her blood pressure, weight, etc...

After all of that, Remi sat on the table covered in paper and in a gown.

"You look great in that by the way." I smile trying to take away the dull mood this office makes.

"We find eachother in the doctors waaaaay too much." Remi said. I agree to that fact.

We hear a knock on the door and a man wearing a white lab coat walks in. He smiles brightly while taking a seat in a chair next to Remi.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Gabriel, and you must be Remi?" He says happily and shakes her hand.

"And you must be Josh Dun. My daughter is a big fan of twenty one pilots and has alot of posters of you on her walls. Its sort of creepy because she cut out Tyler and it's all just you. She only talks about you." He says shaking my hand.

"Oh god that's not creepy at all." I chuckle making Remi laugh.

"I shall never say anything about this to her or she'll freak." He said as he checked Remi's ears and eyes.

"Okay, so what seems to be the problem?" The doctor asks looking at his papers.

"Stomach pains." Remi said looking down to pick at her silver painted nails.

"Lay down for me please," the male in the white coat said putting his papers down on a desk. He feels around on her stomach until he gets a grunt from Remi signaling he's found something.

"Do you throw up, loss of weight, heartburn..." He asks making Remi sit up again.

"Yes all of those except heartburn." She says getting hopeful.

"I have a gut feeling it's an ulcer, but we will have to do a screening of your stomach." The says as he escorted us into a familiar room with a machine in the middle.

"Yeah there's a screen on my chest." Remi starts to sing while smiling as she laid down on the table.

-♤-

"My gut was correct, it is a stomach ulcer. Probably caused by a pain killer and too many stomach acids. I will prescribe a medicine you can buy at a pharmacy. Its called prelosic. It should reduce the amount of stomach acids enough to treat the ulcer. Don't drink while taking it also. Hope you guys have a wonderful day!" He smiles leading us out of the office.

"He was ten times nicer than your doctor." Remi says opening the door walking to our rented car.

"I agree to that." I say smiling.

Maybe things did get better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't get too comfortable

:)

Stay street - Lisa