The Kids Aren't Alright

♡ Josh's pov ♡

After hanging out with Remi for the day, we got ten times closer. I noticed something about her also, a scar lines the side of her throat. I wanted to ask her about it, but I couldn't.

We sat in my car on our way to her house, indie rock played in the background making the akward silence non akward.

"How did you like the fair?" I ask with my heart beating faster. She turns her head and her grey eyes focus on my driving.

"It was awesome!" She exclaimed making my heart rate slow down.

I laugh slightly at how she responded.

"Do you want to hang out at my house for a couple of hours? I don't think Davis would mind," She asks me. I nod my head in agreement. Tyler might get worried why I won't come back earlier, but I'm my own person.

"Sweet," She said and looked out the window exposing her scar. I resisted the urge to not ask her and got my mind off things.

As we got closer to Remi's prestigious townhoused neighborhood hidden among Beverly Hills, we got stuck in traffic.

"Ugh, LA traffic sucks!" I exclaim hitting the wheel in frustration.

"Hey Josh, you're special you know that." Remi says changing the topic completely.

"Why?" I ask.

"You are the first person to meet me and not ask me about the scar lining my throat. Normally when I meet people, they ask me about it." She explained and turned her head to face me. I looked at her and smiled not wanting to ask her about it.

"I'm guessing you want to know?" She asks me and squirms in the passenger seat. I nod my head and pay my attention to her.

"I was seven years old and liked to climb trees to hide from the orphanage bullies. So one day I was chased into a large tree and the kids were waiting at the bottom for me to come down. After they left I needed to get down, but I missed a branch and fell down hitting every branch as I went down. But my neck was cut by a sharp branch on the way down so that's how I got my scar," She shivers after saying it all.

A car honks behind me and I pressed the gas to turn into her neighborhood but I never replied to her story.

"At least it wasn't to bad? Right?" I mentally face palm myself after saying that and turned into the gates of her neighborhood.

"Yah," was all Remi said and waved to the man at the gate. The steel gates opened slowly and revealed a large fountain I haven't noticed before.

"Oh, my house is right there...." She slows down talking and points to a white Fiat parked in her driveway.

"Um, I have no idea who's car that is, and it looks new," She says with her eyes wide open.

I park on the side street in front of her townhouse and it looked like and eye sore compared to the other fancy cars Parked on the street.

We entered her house and Davis ran up to Remi smiling like and idiot.

"Hey, Rem, sorry about your crappy Jeep gone, I got you a Fiat. It is yours to keep," He says proudly and waits for Remi to hug him. I look at Remi who looks dumbfounded and runs up and tackles Davis crashing to the ground. I wish she could do that to me.

"Get off you fat ass!" Davis says and struggles to get Remi off of him.

"Never!" Screams Remi and pins Davis to the ground.

Davis stops struggling and quickly tricks Remi to get off of him.

"How dare you?" Remi exclaims and walks up beside me.