Transatlanticism

♡ Josh's pov ♡

"I realize I have no job." Remi says out of the blue. I turned my head to face her and I saw her sipping on some lemonade we bought downtown.

"It's fine, don't you get money from that one movie?" I ask taking a sip of my red juice.

"Yeah, but it feels weird not having a job to go to every morning. I sorta miss it." She sighs adjusting her spot on the chair. Currently, we are sitting on the deck of my apartment enjoying the unseen sunset over the horizon.

"And your birthday is tomorrow." She beamed happily wriggling her eyebrows at me.

"I don't want a party, I just want to chill with you here all day." I confess focusing my attention to her puppy dog eyes.

"But I had plans to take you somewhere special..." She pouts. Her fake crying was really believable, and I'm not being sarcastic.

"Okay, fine. I'll do the thing with you." I give up comforting Remi. She stops crying and starts to laugh like an evil villain.

"What have I gotten myself into," I ask my self out loud.

"I don't even know, whatever I'm taking you to tomorrow it'll be fun I promise." She winks at me. The sky was filled with deep colours of purple and orange. The LA sounds were all cars attempting to get back home after work in the traffic.

"If you say so, come on it's getting dark and there won't be anything interesting to see." I insisted grabbing both of our plastic bottles of lemonade not fully drunken. Remi stayed put in the wooden chair covered in blue cushions.

"No, I want to stay here, it's comfortable." She whines while adjusting how she sits on the chair.

"No cuddles." I threaten. The glass door slides open freely from my other hand not holding two plastic bottles, but this time Remi followed.

"Well, I still want cuddles and it looked like it's gonna rain." She said flopping onto my grey coloured couch. The fairly large TV turns onto the Ellen show.

"Dori!" Exclaimed Remi.

I walk around taking a seat next to her moving my arm onto the cushion behind her.

"Why do guys do that all the time?" Remi asked.

"Do what?"

"Put your arm on the couch cushion." She replies.

"It's comfortable I guess." I stated hopefully answering her question.

"Say the cheesiest pick up line you have." Remi smirked cuddling next to me. I take a deep breath thinking about a pick up line.

"Are you a galaxy? Because you're the ony gal I see," I wink nonchalantly.

"Are you trying to seduce me Mr. Dun?" She smiles wriggling her plucked eyebrows.

"Fifty shades of fucked up." I laugh paying my attention to the insurance commercial on the screen.

"Don't quote bring me the horizon." She retorts playfully slapping my arm.

"Whatever," I teased putting her in a headlock. She struggles as I start to give her soft hair a noogie.

"Joshie!" The brunette chuckled grabbing my arms to stop.

"Never!" My arms pulled her body into a hug with the rest of her on my lap. (Kinky)

"Why?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders in response. I turn my head to look at the time and see it's already ten pm.

"Bed?" I ask Remi pushing her off my lap.

"Sure dude," the female recovers off the ground and makes her way through the small space and into the bedroom. Soon I follow making my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

~time skip brought to you by the countless hours that I spent binge watching arrow instead of writing this~

We were finally relaxing in the queen sized bed and under the navy blue comforter. Both of us were on our phones scrolling the entirety of tumblr.

"Look at this," Remi showed me her phone.

"Pokey mongo..." I laugh remembering the time I screwed up while texting Mark.

"Yep, what level are you on?" She asked while the Pokemon Go game music turned on.

"I think ten." Remembering what level I was on last time I played that game.

"Hah, I'm on eighteen." She smiled mischievously.

"Well I'm off to dream land. Night!" She says out of the blue plugging her phone to charge.

"Night," I reply giving her a chaste kiss to the cheek.

I wonder what she has in store for me tomorrow?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm dying help. The pool has a sinkhole behind it and won't get fixed until next year. And the air conditioning is having problems, omfg help.

And thanks for 3 k reads that's an insane amount of reads. I thought this book is pure crap. You are the true mvps.

Stay street - Lisa