Truce

"STOP IT!"

I jolt up shaking and in a bed next to a sleeping drummer who woke up alert of my action.

"What-what happend!?" The red haired boy jumped out of bed with the cabinet lights on already. He crawled back in noticing no emergency and pulled me into his strong loving arms.

"A nightmare," I whisper and curl up in his lap.

"You've been having them alot after the Florida trip," He says and starts rocking me back and forth comfortly.

After the road trip in Florida I moved in with Josh since Davis is too busy to deal with my problems. He still welcomes and helps me with open arms when I need it most.

"I'm not going to be here all the time during tour you know. We have one week to sort this out," Josh quietly says and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm aware. What am I going to do without you?" I whisper and realize Josh won't be here for months. He shifts slightly under the covers.

"You have Davis, and what about your other friends?" Josh attempts to reassure me. I think about it and shake my head no.

"I lost all contact with my friends after high school. David is the only one I know, but he's a college professor and has no time to hang out," I sigh in despair and thoughts flow through my mind of what to do.

"I only have you, Davis, Tyler, Jenna, Sarah, and Brendon," He looks at me with a face that shows he is thinking.

"Before I leave, I need to introduce you to other people. Like Fall Out Boy," I perk up after hearing him mention my favorite band.

"Please," I say a little more enthusiastically.

"Okay, today since it's," the male turns his body to look at the red illuminated numbers beside the bed," two in the morning, I'll let you and Pete mingle. He's like never busy around this time for some odd reason. And I need to meet up with the manager to get things organized for tour," He smiles and ruffles my bedhead. He let's go of me and leans over to turn off the light.

"Go to sleep child," Josh mumbles as his face is in his pillow.

"I'm twenty five!" I retort and get comfortable in the bed. Slowly I let my eyes close and soon enough I was asleep.

♤ Time skip to Pete's house ♤

I sat in the front seat and fixated my white tank top that was wrapped around my side.

"You excited?" Josh asked as he drove through a fancy neighbourhood fancy as Davis' neighbourhood of town homes.

"Yah of course! But you know you didn't have too do this," I laugh out and watch as Josh pulls into a driveway of a large house with a white dog roaming the front lawn.

We both exit the car and walk up to the main entrance and awaited Pete to answer.

The large door opened to Pete holding Saint in his arms and Meagan walked up behind him dressed somewhat fancy. She smiled at Josh and I and greeted us.

"Hi Josh! And is this Remi your girlfriend?" Meagan asked in an upbeat tone.

Josh nodded his head in response and Maegen responded,

"Hope we become good friends! Well I'm off I have a girls night. Remember Saint goes to bed at seven!" She walks away to the car parked on the curb of their house.

"Well, I gotta go! Love you, I'll pick you up at eight, is that okay?" He asks and starts to walk slowly down the path to his car. I nod my head and smile and wave goodbye to the fiery haired boy.