Mad Hatter

◇ Remi's pov ◇

The day was calm.

Josh and I were chilling in his living room while the flat screen TV was on a low volume as the big bang reruns were on with us ocassionaly cracking up at a few scenes.

The weather has been horrible for the past month not letting us to do anything fun.

It was some how off from the norm.

"Remember that time Brendon did the thing..." I broke the silence.

"Yeah. That was a thing he did." Josh plays along with a small smirk finding it's way on his face.

I lay my head on his lap so my face was upwards to his face while my legs were kicked up on the side of the couch. The now pink haired boy started to play with a strand of my hair as I examine the empty ceiling.

"Have you ever thought of having kids?" Josh stutters a bit like he was thinking of asking it for a while.

"I don't know. I'm still 26, gotta live life. You know?" I lied. I've always wanted to have kids ever since I was sixteen. The fact you raise a living, breathing, moving being is an amazing thing to me.

"I can tell you lied," Josh keened," You always fiddle with your hands when you lie."

"You cheeky lil' baastard." I laugh in response playfully flicking Josh in the forehead.

"Cheeky lil' kitty wants a baby!" He replied with tickling me in the sides causing my body to automatically form into a fetal position on his lap. He quickly wraps his arms to support my body and continues to pick me up off the couch.

"Guess who's the baby now!" Exclaimed the male as he twirled around in the living room being careful to not drop me.

He carries me into the bedroom where he lays me down tucking me in also. I look to my right and see the bright digital letters saying it's twelve in the morning.

Already we had our pajamas on from this morning so no point on changing for bed.

"Good night Joshie," I say turning off the bedside lamp.

"Good night Rem," whispered Josh getting under the covers.

~♧~

I stared at the ceiling for who knows how long in the darkness waiting for the sun to rise. I spent all day napping so generally I'm not that tired.

Light snores could be heard from Josh to the left of me as he hugged another pillow.

Another few moments of silence reign before I hear Josh groan.

"Rem, why aren't you asleep?" He sighs moving his body closer to my side of the bed.

"Not tired," I shrug my shoulders turning my head to see it's three in the morning.

Josh lays back down on his side facing the ceiling as well. He grabs my hand with his under the covers while we laid in silence staring at the ceiling.

"Rem?" He whispers.

"Mhm,"

"Do you want to have children?"

I nod in response starting to have a small tear run down my cheek at the thought of having a baby.

"Night conversations are the best conversations."

"Yeah they are,"

"Would you have kids with me?"

"Josh, what's up with all of this thought of having children?"

"I don't know. Kinda feel like my life is insignificant and it'll probably be better if I were to raise children of my own."

Silence fell over us as I think of what to say next. The entire time Josh still held my hand.

"That's not cool. Calling yourself insignificant. Your self esteem is below average if you think like that."

"Well-"

"Josh you've saved lives, and I think that's really cool! All I've done my life is help out at an art shop with elderly people and be a burden to Davis."

"Well, Tyler is the one who's saving lives not me. And you're not a burden."

"Bull shit."

"All I do is play drums and I don't even know if I'm still considered to be in the band any more since I've been kicked out ten million times."

"You know Tyler is messing with you, right?"

"Yeah but still."

"Go to sleep."

I attempt to let go of his hand but he still gripped on.

He sighed in nervously like he's about to ask me something very importent.

"Remi?"

"Yes Josh?"

"Will you marry me?"

My mouth hangs wide open with a pause. I can physically hear Josh waiting for my answer.

"Um,"

"So?"

"Josh, you're kind, great guy, but I'm going to have to say yes." I smile. He grabs my waist and pulls me in so I lay on top of his chest as he kissed me on the lips.

"You literally gave me an anxiety attack then." Josh laughs hugging me.

"Love you,"

"Love you too... lil' kitty."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh man three updates in a row. Damn I'm on a role. You better appreciate this.

Stay street - Lisa