Chapter six

"you begotten son of a leopards head! I'll murder you!" I threatened kicking my 2inch heels in any direction I liked.

the person that wrapped my head with a black cloth burst out laughing as multiple people start laughing too.

wait I know that laugh.

"Aaliyah! Is that you?!" I asked suddenly not feeling afraid anymore.

"yes hanina it's me" she replied.

the black cloth gets lifted and I come face to face with Maha, Mufti, Aaliya and Yasir. They all had tears in their eyes because of the laughter.

"Allah ya isa! You almost sacred me to death! No fair!" I said, crossing my arms and pouting.

wallah they almost gave me a stroke!

"Sorry babe" Aaliyah said, stroking my arm

"we wanted it to be a surprise" Mufti confessed, looking behind to see my face.

"eyes on the road Mr!" Maha slapped his shoulder .

"what do you mean by surprise?" I asked.

"Mama, Zury and Manal with us arranged a get together for you" Yasir said, playing with the bangles on my wrist.

"really?" I smiled "yippie!" I exclaimed, side hugging him and Aaliyha who were beside me.

they all smiled and Mufti continued driving. We made small talk on the way and by the time we arrived I was more than excited.

"You boys should go ahead and enter, Hanina has to change" Maha ordered.

Mufti and Yasir nodded then left the car. It was only us girls

Maha brings out an 'Atmosphere' shopping bag from the trunk and brings it to the back seat.

"why is your mascara smudged?' Aaliya asked as she removed her abaya and then helped me got out of my blouse.

"I cried a little" I shrugged and covered my chest with my removed blouse.

"abeg cire rigan( remove the shirt)" Maha ordered "we are all girls" she continued then she snatched the shirt away from my chest.

"Maha!" I exclaimed covering my chest with my arms.

"OMG hanina kina da nono oo!(you have boobs)" Maha exclaimed, palming my left boob in her hand and shaking it.

do you have one of those cousins that aren't shy of anything and they say all the things that come to their mind? Well if you don't, thank the lord.

"Maha danAllah ki bari( please stop)" I blushed and quickly put over the shirt.

it was a turquoise blue shirt with many abstract designs on it. It felt so soft on my skin.

I removed my fitted skirt too then wore the black skinny jeans. Of course Maha teased me again by slapping my buttcheeks as if they were balloons.

Aaliya touched-up my makeup and we went out of the car.

today's weather was a little bit windy but it was cool. We walked through a pathway of cherry trees and then we went inside the hall.

Shakiti Bobo was blaring from the speakers as we enter.

Yasir the clown of the place was dancing crazily as many people laughed.

"Hanina happy married life" a classmate of mine-- Sa'ada said to me. I hugged her and said thank you then went over to all my set mates that came.

of course all of them said good things even Laila "hanina will you be still coming to school?" She asked as I enjoyed an Apple tart given to me by Mufti.

"of course I'll be" I answered then licked my lips.

"oh ok, this place is dope" she said again then left.

The place was really beautiful with dark hardwood floors and over the top chandeliers that were dangling from the ceiling.

"it's dancing time!" Mohammed- a set mate of mine announced.

everyone got up from their seats and started dancing.

the designated photographer takes a last picture of me before I remove my head scarf and got on the dance floor.

I love dancing! Yes.

"yawwo Allah! Your hair MashaAllah!" Sa'ada complimented as she wips and naenae's.

Yasir comes over and pulls me behind him "wanna Rihanna for me while I be your drake?" He whispered in my ear.

the chandeliers get turned off and the place gets dark.

"why of course" I replied before doing exactly what he asked for.

********

"hanina, the girl that never gets tired of please call me's, the girl that never gets tired of being crazy and the girl that never gets tired of being a great friend. Ayman is a lucky son-of-a-horse and if he even attempts to break your heart, give him a run for his money. I love you hanina and happy married life" Yasir finished his speech and everybody hailed him.

I smiled and hugged him when he got to me. Clutching him tight and savoring the moment.

Yasir was suppose to be the person in Ayman's place, I thought as we broke the hug.

"I love you too Yasir" I said to him.

he smiled and ruffled my hair then left with some girls around his arms.

"I really really do love you" I whispered to myself and sat back down on a cushion.

"Hanina Mama zata ka she mu(Mama will kill us)!" Maha explained then pulled me from the hall and dragged me outside.

"it's past maghrib and we're suppose to be taking you to your house before isha" Maha continued.

suddenly my mood changed as i remembered today was the day I'll be taken to my husbands house. Today was the day I was going to come face to face with Ayman.

today was the day I was going to start leaving away from my family.

we get in the car and leave without me knowing what was happening all around me.

Today was the day I get to live with my husband and stay with him.

Today was the day I change from single Hanina, to married woman Hanina.