thirty four- Part one

The place was loud, too loud for my opinion if you ask me. Children of various ages were playing, running, jumping, and shouting inside the house.

The older ladies had a clique for themselves. Some talking in fulfulde some talking in Hausa.

I'm pretty sure half of the thing they're saying is gossip. Gossip they've kept for when next they meet each other.

Where am I? If you may ask. I was at the kitchen fetching food for my self. I haven't had time to sit and relax one bit when I arrived at the house.

Everyone wanted one thing or the other from me. Some just wanted to see me and analyze how I look after marriage.

"Hanina waru hosa Alina (come and take Alina" one of my Anty shouts from the backyard.

I glared at her from my position in the kitchen "Anty I want to eat food. See Maha over there, give it to her" I pleaded.

She shook her head disappointedly and passed Alina to Maha. There was music in the front space so all the teen aunties and some old ones were there.

I finished stuffing my plate with Afghan rice, Kentucky fried chicken and coleslaw. I had a plate of four kebab sticks on the other plate.

"Anty Sauda hello" I greeted one of my aunt that was in the living room. She was Baba's older sister and she lived in Kano so we don't get to meet much.

She smiled and looked up from the knitting she was doing "ahhh Hanina how're you?? You've gotten married and forgotten about us koh?? Hato suriki am? (Where's my in law?)"

I smiled and took a bite of my food "no Anty sauda its not like that. And Ayman is in school"

"Ohh eyya, will he come and pick you?" She asked, disposing the knitting she was doing earlier.

Rahama, Anty Jamila's daughter comes in dancing.

"No he'll not be the one coming, its the driver" I replied looking at Rahama who was smirking and pointing at my food.

I took my plate away "Rahama there isn't any 'we' in 'food' so shoo" I chased her with my hand and she pouts.

"I only wanted the kebab ma" she sat down beside Anty Sauda breathing heavily "ahhh nasha rawa rau"

I chuckled just as Anty Hadiza walked in with her third baby Zara.

I squealed and leaped to go and hug her "longest time Anty Hadiza, you've forgotten about us koh?"

I took her 9month daughter from her and returned back to my previous couch.

Anty Hadiza laughed, dropping down beside Rahama. She was dark skinned in complexion with a short height, but she was beautiful. With her bushy brows and nice attitude, no one could afford to hate her.

Apart from that she had a curvaceous body. She lived in London with her husband Bello Abdulkadir and three beautiful babies.

"Wlh I'm just so busy with those four kids. They're tiring the hell out of me" she massaged her temple, keeping her brown Michael Kors bag on the floor.

I chuckled, pinching Zara's cheek. She was the exact replica of her mom but she had her father's fairness and nose.

"When did your children become four?"

"Umma, Aysha, Zara and Bello"

"Ohhh your husband is now your child?" Anty Sauda asked shooting her a pointed look.

"Yes wallahi. Instead of telling the kids to stop he joins them in doing it!" She groaned.

We burst out laughing, typical him. Her husband was a playful man.