Chapter thirteen

~~this is who I imagine to be Aaliyah.

  IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END, PLEASE READ. x

I just can't believe it Yasmin Alfaeid that I hated with all my life happened to be Ayman's girlfriend.

   why her ?!

   why not any other girl?!

What type of sick game is fate playing with me.

   the bell interrupted my train of thoughts.

Alhamdulillah! We have come to today's end of school.

   the teacher leaves and all of the students including me dump our books and got ready to leave

  the hall way outside of my class was now filled with people and it was so noisy.

   Yasir and Aaliyah aren't in art class with me, they chose technical drawing over art.

   "hanina Dan tsaya(please wait) I want to talk to you" Laila stops me as I neared the door.

   "yes what do you want?"

It might sound like I'm being mean but I am not. On a normal basis Laila doesn't even look my way.

  and she is one of the top gossipers in this school telling everybody the famous Ayman Aminu married the 'baby' of the set.

   "emm I was just wondering maybe we can start hanging out?" she said.

   I burst out laughing right in front of her.

Me? Hanina Kabir hang out with Laila Aliyu? No! If it happens I must be dreaming.

   she looked at me annoyed with my laughter "so what? You should be lucky I even want to hang out with you" she said glaring at me

  "tufia kwa! Allah ya sawwa ke( god forbid )" I said finally catching my breath.

   "Laila if u dont have anything else to say I'll be leaving" I said starting to walk away. 

   "no, no wait!" She stops me with a hand on my arm.

    "is it true that Ayman doesn't talk to girls?" She asked

  "what do you mean?"

"well it is said that since Ayman started his senior secondary he hasn't talked to any girl till now, the only girl he talks to is-"

   "Yasmin Alfaeid" I finished the sentence for her.

Her face brightens up "do you know her?"

    "yeah I knew her when we stayed in Lagos, we were neighbors and our parents were best of friends"

   "oh so she's like your bestfriend then?"

Pftt, bestfriend my ass.

   "nope" I answered "I hated her guts since when we were small"

   "oh, well about that Ayman thing is it true?"

"wallahi mi anda(I don't know)" I told her, Laila is Fulani too.

   "but he has talked to you right? that means she isn't the only girl"

  yeah he has talked to me... Drunk.

  I shrugged and looked outside the door, the hallway was deserted now. I bet Yasir and Aaliyah have already left.

   "honestly I don't care, why are you asking me?"