Chapter twenty-nine; Part one

my heart thumped loud against my chest and I felt like puking. I've never been this nervous in my life!

wait I have! when I was seeing Ayman for the first time. But that was then.

my hands were clammy and sweaty, and the kimono I wore was making the heat more unbearable.

Ayman was walking confidently beside me.

everywhere we passed, the people of the place must call his name and the girls will flirt with him and send him suggestive glances without even caring that I was there.

he'll only look at them with a cold face then continue walking. We have been walking down an endless hallway since and I wonder when it'll come to an end.

we turned to the left and entered a wooden french door.

I relax a little when I feel the coldness of the room. There were AC's every where.

a woman, young to be precise was behind a desk that was pushed against the wall.

there were waiting chairs lined around the left end of the room and then in the middle was a round wooden table that had magazines and newspapers on it.

"Ohh hello Ayman what brings you here?" the lady behind the desk asked.

she was a fair and beautiful lady. She had glasses on and she had now stood up to come towards us.

"I don't see how it's any of your business..." Ayman started dryly rolling his eyes "I came to see baba, where is he?"

how rude I thought

and baba?? His father? My in-law?

he works in the university neh?

the lady kept her smile as she replied him "baba just left he gave me something to give your wife"

"then what are you waiting for? Go and bring it" he said, his voice edgy.

"ohk" she bowed her head then went to the desk and carried a brown envelope.

my hands were itching to take hold of the envelope so that I can see my future.

"Hanina you're shaking" the lady pointed out touching my shoulder "do you need to sit?"

"no" I shook my head "can I have the envelope though?? I need to see what's inside"

she smiled and squeezed my shoulder "don't worry you're in"

a wide grin spread itself on my face and I clapped my hands "Ohh thank god!" I squealed.

"Waya ce ki fada( who said you should say it)? I don't like shishigi and kinibibi" he muttered removing her hands from my shoulder.

seriously why is he so rude??

she nodded and smiled once more at me before turning and going back to her seat.

Ayman turned and faced me "congrats college girl, although you're not starting till next year" he said grabbing the envelope and holding it in his hands.

we walked out of the place and followed the exact route we followed when coming.

"yeah but I have time to prepare, it's only two months anyways" I shrugged.

"yes, what're you studying again?"

"business" I answered back.

"Ohh Allah bada sa'a(good luck)"