chapter twenty-seven

Hanina's POV

"Hanina daru le(please stay)" Maha instructed position the camera then clicking as many pictures as she could.

I on the other hand was nervous and uneasy, I just wanted to go home and see Ayman. He left the graduation abruptly without any explanation.

"Hanina zan ma ke ki( I'll beat you) stay in one place now!" Mama exits the kitchen and joins us in the backyard.

"mama I'm tired and I want to go" I stomped my foot and pouted "the pictures are enough. I mean we've taking more than hundreds of them"

"just stay man Hanina Haba! As if the Ayman is going to suddenly vanish" Maha exclaimed.

Mufti and her were back from school, it was at my graduation that I saw them. Turns out they were in Abuja since last week but they didn't bother to tell me.

"ni dai my instincts are telling me something is wrong. I'm leaving" I muttered apologetically before running inside the house to my old room.

it was now transformed into a play-room for Zury and Manal's babies. Gosh I can't wait to meet them.

I changed into denim jeans and a black cotton shirt then tied my hair in a bun and wrapped a scarf around it.

I picked up my new floral kimono and wore it then I left the room and went to the living room.

mufti and yasir were on the Grey carpet playing chess which is a total waste of time.

Zury and Manal are eating food (as usual) and Maha is transferring the photos from her camera to her laptop.

"why are you in such a hurry?" Mufti looked up from his game and asked.

"she wants to go see her husband, as if they don't spend time together everyday" Maha glumly muttured.

"Haba Maha, don't be angry mana. I swear if I check and see he's fine we'll come back together" I went to her side and squeezed her.

"Ahhh lalle Hanina, marriage has changed you. See how you're talking kaman wata babban Mata (like one big woman)" Manal butted in.

I brushed them off and said a quick good bye to mama before going out and entering the car for shehu to take,me home.

after the long car ride, thanks to traffic we arrived at home. The sky was now starting to change color and the sun was setting.

it was close to maghrib now. I got off the car and when I saw Aymans car in the parking lot a sense of relief washed through me.

I practically ran inside the house and when I saw Ayman sitting on the coffee brown couch, I squealed and went to him squeezing him as much as I can

his musky scent envelopes my senses as I sighed and looked at his face.

"why did you suddenly go? Amished you" I smiled before properly sitting on his lap and kissing his forehead.

he still had his head down and his body was rigid.

"Ayman is everything okay?" I asked.

Silence

"look at me" I ordered cupping his face in my hands and staring at it.

"talk to me please" I whispered nuzzling our noses together.

"forgive me" I heard him mutter before gently taking my lips in his, making me forget myself and my senses.

his hands massages the sides of my stomach making sigh and lean onto him more.