Chapter ten

Clink, clink, clink

   I heard sounds coming from the kitchen, it was past 8:00pm, maybe it might be Ayman.

   I was in my library trying to figure out how to solve my math homework. Out of six question I've only solved one. Urgh.

   the sounds were becoming more louder now. Finally putting up the nerves I left my sturdy to check what the sound was.

   before entering the kitchen, I peeped through the door, Ayman had a knife in his hands and he was trying to cut open an apple.

   the scene was funny because the apple was by the left side and Ayman was cutting something invisible by the right.

   I chuckled and covered my mouth, this is what alcohol does to a person people, it turns you crazy.

  "shit!" Came Ayman.

   the knife falls down on the floor with a loud thud while Ayman clutches his left finger.

  "oh god.." I hear him mutter while he made a very agonizing sound.

  I rushed over to him, and tried to find out what was wrong.

   "did u cut yourself?" I asked and tried to take a look but he snatched his hand away from me and hid it behind his back.

   "ayman stop being stubborn and let me see" I demanded sternly.

    he shook his head stubbornly and scrunched his eyes shut.

   I looked down and blood was starting to really  pool on the dark wood floors of the kitchen.

   I glared at him and grabbed his uninjured arm, dragging him to the sink.

  "this will hurt pretty bad but you'll thank me later" I say before grabbing the injured finger and putting it under the water.

  "ahh! Nina are you stupid! This stings!" He said backing away his finger.

   if he's stubborn, I'm his father.

  "stop being naughty and let me see the wound, it's pretty bad!" I said and put the finger back in the water.

   the water washes away the blood as ayman glares and says every curse word he knew.

   after I finished cleaning the wound I dragged him over to the maroon-brown wooden table at the end of the kitchen.

  ayman eyes the table and chair up and down. Being the naughty human being he was instead of sitting down he acted as if he didn't know what to do.

  "sit" I ordered.

   "you don't know when to give up do you? I don't need your help" he sternly said stumbling on a few words.

   "for the love of god ayman sit down on that chair!" I pointed to the chair.

   after much thinking he finally obeyed and sat down.

    I sighed and went over to the last cabinet by the end of the kitchen, it contained the first aid box.

   after grabbing the box and sitting myself on the chair beside Ayman's, I gently took his cutted finger in mine.

   the wound was deep and you could see the  slight appearance of bone. His fingers were tall and lean, neatly manicured.

   "ok, this is going to hurt ok?" I warned as I eyed him.

    he was looking elsewhere, his eyes slightly dropping in a sleepy-like mode.

  "ok at the count of three, 1,2-" before I reach three i dab the iodine on his finger.

   ayman jerks his finger away, knocking away the glass bowl that contained my granola bars.

   the glass gets shattered on the floor, the granolas making sounds as they all scattered on the kitchen floor.

   "Nina you said by the count of three!" He scolded, a neck vein popping.

   I shrugged and defended myself "I didn't think you were listening"

   if looks good could I would've been dead and buried by now.

   "just go away I don't need your help"

"ahhh, actually you do, you can bearly lift a finger" I smirked knowing what i said was true.

    he snorted and nodded in defeat, I took the finger for the second time and gently stroked it.

   I grabbed the anti-septic again but this time I gently put it on the wound.

    Ayman scrunched his eyes shut clearly in a lot of pain.

   "it's ok" I whispered and finished cleaning the wound.

   he had his eyes on me from when I stood to return the first-aid box until I came back.

   "what?" I asked needing to know the reason he was looking at me like that.

   lets face it, on a normal basis when he's sober he doesn't even want to be near me.

   "why did you help me?" He said playing with the little brown string on his wrist.

   "that's what I'm suppose to do" I answered as I started cleaning away the shattered glass bowl.

   I loved that glass bowl .

   ayman nods "so you did it because you were suppose to do it not because you wanted to do it?"

    I analyzed the question in my brain. Even if I was suppose to do it I can just fashi and act like I didn't know he was home, but a part of me a small part of me chose to help him.

   "ayman if I didn't want to help, you would have been still bleeding behind that counter"

that reminds me, I need to clean the blood there.

   "can you take me to my room?' He asked while I was mopping his blood.

   "why?"

"I don't think I can stand up, with the amount of drinks i had and then the loss of blood",he admitted with a shrug.

   I nodded and kept the mop by the wall then went over to ayman.

   I took his hand and helped him stand, his hand was warm against mine. I had to wipe my forehead twice on my face because of the sweat forming on it.

   what's wrong with me?

We walked past the dining area his hand firmly in mine.

   "what were you doing up anyways, aren't you sleepy?" He asked as I opened the door leading to the corridor of his room.

   we arrived at the room which was a little bit plain. A bed with cushions on them which were scattered on the floor.

   there were picture frames decorating the white wallsl. His window seat was filled with clothes and books.

   the only neat place was the table pressed against the wall.

  it contained big white papers and then his Apple desktop and keyboard.

   "the walls of your room are joint with the laundry room and your room is like this?" I asked.

   he climbed the bed and ran his hand through his full afro.

   "the clothes aren't dirty Nina" he sighed "I try almost all my clothes before finding the right one"

   he removed all the contents in his pockets which were his phone, car key, wallet, mints and some other unnecessary boy stuff.

    "and to answer your question about what I was doing late, I was trying to finish my math homework" I answered and stood by the foot of the bed. 

   aymans head was on the head-board and I didn't think he was even listening to me.

  minutes later I hear slight snoring confirming my assumption, he's already asleep.

  great!

AN: THOUGHTS ??