Chapter thirty nine- Part one

What I saw Ayman doing broke me into ting pieces. He was looking at me wide eyed. He couldn't lie, I've already caught him red handed.

I didn't know whether to cry or punch him.

"You promised me you'll stop!" I yelled stomping my feet and marching to where he was seated on the brown bench.

He scratched his head and looked down.

"Are you happy like this?? Apart from drinking you're actually sniffing cocaine?!" I grabbed the leather bag in my hands and sneered in disappointment.

"Who the hell even brought you this?!" I yelled "answer me!"

He looked up with drunk eyeballs, they were rolling from one place to another, it actually scared me.

He muttered something incoherent. On the table were two bottles of whiskey and then another leather of white stuff which was cocaine apart from the one I had.

I tugged his head till he was facing me.

"Who the hell brought you this Ayman?! I won't ask again" my voice was shaking.

The backyard was chilly and the pool wasn't helping either.

I thought he'll speak but instead he took off my hand from his hair and glared at me.

"Let me be! I'm not in the mood, go away!" He pushed me.

I staggered back and balanced my self. I watched as he opened up a bottle and took a large gulp with out stopping to rest.

I didn't understand! What happened when I was sleeping?? One time he's perfectly fine while the other he's here drinking.

From my knowledge, Ayman only drinks when he's sad, angry or depressed. What might have triggered him?

I felt angry and betrayed because I actually trusted him! I trusted him with all my life and I didn't think he'll go back to his old behavior.

We're starting a family for crying out loud!! Will my babies grow up having a drunk as a father?!

I grimaced, even the thought made me want to throw up. Ayman payed me no heed as he continued drinking. He was even whistling and drumming his fingers on the table.

"Ayman stop it!! Why're you doing this? You promised me remember, you said you'll never drink again. Do you want little blip junior to have a drunk as a dad??" I asked pinning his gaze with mine.

His eyes spoke volumes, he was quiet and blinking once in a while. His eyes looked as if they were telling me something. He looked scared and freaked out.

He shook his head as if to clear a thought, then he smirked and took a swing of his drink inside the bottle.

I gasped and snatched the bottle away from him. Without a second thought I throw the bottle far away from us. It landed on the basketball court, shattering into pieces.

"Ninaaa...!" he slurred standing up from the wooden chair "leave me the fuck alone. Please!! I'm seriously not in the fucking mood for any bullshit. I need to get my shit straight and think. I need to be alone!" he hiccupped and tugged on his hair.

"I'm feeling suffocated. So please let me be, get back inside before you catch a cold!"

he pushed me away and starts to walk or let me rephrase that, he drags his feet to the pool.

I start to panic, is he thinking of swimming like this? Drunk?

"Ayman don't swim! You'll drown yourself!" I ran and tugged on his shoulder from behind.