Chapter nineteen

Hanina's outfit.

*****

Friday

    I applied the last touch of my makeup which was the matte maroon lipstick. Looking at myself I gave myself a pat on the back.

   I wasn't wearing much makeup but I looked good MashaAllah.

   my eyes were my favorite. I had defined them with a beige eye shadow and a winged liner.

   I know they say nobody and nothing is perfect but I swear to god my winged eyeliner was to die.

   I smoothed my turquoise blue gown and admired it. It was a simple gown with colourful flowers defining it.

  it had long sleeves and it fitted me perfectly.

    "Nina! I'll come and drag you by your ponytail if you don't come down this instant" Ayman yelled from downstairs.

   "sorry!" I murmured.

   he can't even hear me, I shrugged.

    I quickly wrapped the light green kashkar veil around my head and carried my beige hand bag then skipped downstairs.

    "about time" Ayman said the moment he saw me rolling his eyes.

   "but damn you look fantastic" he commented when I reached him, his mouth was forming an 'o'

    I flushed my face burning "you don't look bad yourself"

   Ayman is wearing a white knee-length kaftan  he was pairing it with a black hat.

    "i swear mommy will chop my head off, we are almost two hours late!" Ayman said rushing to lock the house

   after some trials he locked it and we made way to his car.

   I opened the front seat and put my bag first but before I could seat down Ayman takes the bag and flings it to the backseat

   "hey!" I scolded "that's Michael Kors" I said entering the car.

   "well I don't care!" He snapped before starting the car.

   "Ayman I don't like it! Why are you being mean all of a sudden?" I asked frowning.

   Ayman has been nothing but nice and friendly this past few days.

   our friendship has increased a great deal. I chat freely with him, of course I always turn red when I'm with him.

  I don't get why today he's acting mean all of a sudden.

    did i do something wrong? Or is he just tired of our friendship?!

    Ayman started the car and we left the house cruising in the empty roads of abuja.

  silence envelops the car, all of us thinking about our lives and problems.

   I chewed on my nails to prevent me from chewing my lips because i'll end up messing the lip stick before we arrived.

   in less than 30minutes we arrived at a tall black iron gate similar to the one at my house.

   the security man peeps from the gate and upon seeing Ayman's car he hurriedly opened up the gates.

  the sounds of small gravels was heard hitting the sides of the car, on either sides of the drive way where different types of trees and a little bit of flower.

   the house comes into view, a huge creamy coloured two-story mansion. We parked in front of the front door beside the fountain.

   the view of the house looked magnificent and I couldn't wait to see what was on the inside.

   Ayman turns off the ignition and looks to my side. I didn't look back instead I pulled open the door but it stayed closed

  great, the locks were on.

   "Nina I'm sorry for being rude and mean please look at me" Ayman pleaded.

   I sighed and turned "I'm looking at you, now what?!" I replied bitterly.

  i can be mean too!

    "Nina please I'm sorry, its just I have a lot on my head. My family wait let me rephrase that my step family. They are freaking annoying. I hate them!" He spat, malice accompanying his tone.

   my expression softens as I smiled a little.

      "why do you hate them that much?"

  "wait till we enter you'll answer that for yourself" he replied chuckling nervously.

    "ok then lets get going"

   ayman opened up the locks and steps out me following suit.

   he had my bag in his hands and together we walked up the stairs and ranged the bell.

     "and Nina also can you please do me a favor?" ayman nervously asked scratching the back of his head.

   I've noticed he tends to do that whenever he is nervous.

  "yeah what's the favor?"

    "can you please pretend to be really in love with me" he blurted out.

    I raised my eyebrow, confusion written all over my face "wait what?"

   before he can reply the front door gets flung open.

   an American brunette wearing a pretty sun dress squealed "the newly-weds are here!"

******

Short Chapter

Vote to show your support

Comment to tell me what you think

Read and share xx