Chapter twenty-three

Saturday, 22nd May, 2016

   I groaned and rolled on my tummy as the stomach cramps increased.

    I was so close to crying. Honestly the kind of pain I was feeling right now was indescribable, I felt so uncomfortable in my own body

    i moaned as i stuffed my head in the bean bag as another searing pain enveloped my lower abdomen.

    periods are ridiculous!

i dont have to be punished for not being pregnant!

    the door gets opened but i dont even turn to see who. It was past zuhr and i have been like this since fajr prayer

     ayman hasn't talked to me since our little exchange of words yesterday. He left the room immediately he woke up.

    he had found the key beside me, in the middle of the night  it was disturbing me so I removed it from my bra

    "Nina da waru jabu (Nina come and collect)" Ayman spoke.

    i turned my head back to confirm he was the person speaking, i swear he made the language sound ten times better.

   just the way the words roll off his tongue.

      when he saw that I didn't move he came closer and in his hand was a packet of a drug. 

    i grimaced and buried my head again "mi yida( i don't want)" my voice came out muffled.

     "even to take a drug you have to be stubborn?" He asked and sat beside me.

     "no its not like that. If i take drugs it adds to the pain" i explained.

    even to talk was another wahala. I just wanted to keep quiet till the pain disappears which will take very long.

    "Safaa and Sarah said a hot water bag helps too, come with me to the bed and lie on it"

     "i can't" i groaned a tear slipping.

   the pain was increasing by every minute. I dont even want to think of walking right now.

    Ayman sighed before gently scooping me up his arms.

    i didn't say anything instead i laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

    my senses were enveloped with his scent from both the clothes he had on and the oversized i had which belonged to him.

    he sat down on the bed and sits me down on his lap, I groaned and made a move to roll off

    "dont" he warned.

    "I feel like a baby, sitting on your lap" I sulked, frowning

     "oho ban damu ba (i don't care) dont move or I'll pinch you"

   I scoffed and rolled my eyes. He is just bluffing. I rolled my body and yelped immediately my body touched the mattress.

   "hey! Why will you do that" I shrieked beating his arm and rubbing the place he pinched

   "I told you I'll do it" he shrugged before picking me and putting me on his lap again.

   I pouted and made a move to speak but my insides twist making me fling my head and groan in agony.

     "goodddd" I moaned burying my head in Aymans chest.

     "sorry" he rubbed my back "but can you please stop doing that?"