Chapter twenty-four

4months later

Wednesday, 19th September

I pushed open the door to Aaliya's front door and entered with an 'assalamu alaykum'

A voice answered and appeared from a corridor "sannu da zuwa(welcome)" Rukky their long time maid answered.

I smiled

"Aaliya is upstairs"

I nodded and smiled before running upstairs to Aaliya's room "Zainab Aaliyah Ishaku Yusuf!" I yelled her name before entering her room.

as usual her room wasn't neat, she had clothes all over the bed, with a left over pizza on a plate.

"baby!! I'm in the bathroom" she replied.

I smiled giddily and stripped off my cloths

"I like your bra" she commented and smirked immediately I entered

"I have many, you want?"

"yes please" she grinned.

she scooted to the left side and I entered leaning by the side. We sat facing each other.

"two days, now that we don't have school we barely meet"

I shrugged "I'm busy these days"

"doing?" she raised an eyebrow

"I babysit Kalthuum and Sudais, Safaa's children, and some days im always with Zury trying to find a dress for prom"

for the past month even before we finished our exams I started hunting for prom dresses.

lets face it this is every girls dream, attending prom. From the day we were told we passed exams for entering js1, Aaliyah and i have been planning and day-dreaming about it.

Now back to the present, Aaliyah had her eyes wide open as she splashed the latter on me "all those countries your mother travelled to you didn't bother asking her to buy something?!"

I shook my head

"wallahi Hanina you're unbelievable! Its on Friday for chrissakes!" she scolded

"keh malama ya Isa(its ok)" I glared at her.

"apart from the dress what else don't you have?"

I nervously chewed my lip "a date"

Aaliya's jaw drops and her eyes bulge out of her sockets.

"hey calm down, it hasn't been finalised but I know Yasir will be my date" I say while popping the bubbles in the bath.

aaliyah laughs sarcastically "he hasn't told you? Munifa is his date"

I frowned and looked up at aaliyah she wasn't joking.

"that's it, I'm not going" I whispered blinking back the stupid tears.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with me!

Why am I doing this?? Its not fair on Ayman nor is it fair on yasir.

I love yasir in any way possible and I want wants happy for him, I just don't want him with any other girl, I want him with me.

And then what? A voice in my mind said

I cant date him, not now and not ever. I want to let him go, I want to stop liking him that way but I just can't .

my stupid self wants him to herself

"Hanina you have to go" Aaliyah emphasized on the 'have'

"I have no one to go with" I groaned

"you're so stupid! Idiot. What of Ayman?"